Heresy Serial Number Locations

Trying to manage expectations but I may have located a pair of Heresy II within driving distance. Seller couldn’t provide serial numbers due to sticker being removed from at least one unit. Should they also have serial numbers stamped into the back box edge and would that tell me if they are consecutive?

20 minutes ago, Jhakobe said:

Crap. 

Any other way to tell?

H IIs don’t but the only reason why you’d maybe want consecutive serial numbers is if you cared about the veneer being matched between them.  It definitely would not be a deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

H IIs don’t but the only reason why you’d maybe want consecutive serial numbers is if you cared about the veneer being matched between them.  It definitely would not be a deal breaker for me.

I do care about them matching but not nearly as much as I care about the sound between them being consistent. I can’t imagine manufacturing differences day to day or even month to month there would be a noticeable sound difference. Year to year…maybe? 

If the price is right, along with pics, a demo is likely the only way to allay your concerns. 

You should be able to by looking and hearing then, to make a decision. Short of pulling the drivers or driver by the seller or yourself.

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

If the price is right, along with pics, a demo is likely the only way to allay your concerns. 

You should be able to by looking and hearing then, to make a decision. Short of pulling the drivers or driver by the seller or yourself.

Yeah, you’re probably right about just having to demo them, short of any other info and numbers. The asking price is a bit high for my area, so we’ll see if they’re will to negotiate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jhakobe said:

Yeah, you’re probably right about just having to demo them, short of any other info and numbers. The asking price is a bit high for my area, so we’ll see if they’re will to negotiate. 

Let us know. Maybe we can help.

22 minutes ago, Jhakobe said:

May I ask how much the asking price is?  

2 hours ago, Jhakobe said:

$800

That’s on the top end in my opinion.  They’d need to be 95+% mint and even then that’s a bit more than I’d pay.  $600 is more realistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wuzzzer said:

That’s on the top end in my opinion.  They’d need to be 95+% mint and even then that’s a bit more than I’d pay.  $600 is more realistic.

I’m right in that same line of thinking. Thanks for helping to confirm. Guess I’ll see how motivated the seller is before making the drive to demo. 

• Like 2