question on placement and some pic's just for fun

prodj101

well, here are some pictures. We are building a cabin right now, and it's getting really close to completetion. All that has to happen is some simple phone line hook up, and the finishing touches. Now, where the fun comes in, is I have pretty much convinced my mom on a pair of lascala's for the cabin. Not only does she like klipsch, but she also likes, according to her, the "cabin look" of the Lascalas in the unfinished wood colors. So, basically what I'm trying to decide is if they'd be better in the lounge like room upstairs (which is in the pictures), or the basement where the pool table will be. If they were to go upstairs they'd be in the corners on the window side, but I've measured and they fit in there under the vaulted ceiling. would the ceiling cause any problems? The other view is the hallway leading into this room, it overlooks the "great room" which looks out onto the lake. This has a door, so keep in mind that this room could be cealed off. I was talking to my dad, who is really into audio, and he said that it would be cool to get some sound proofing for the basement so that the sound wouldn't travel over the lake when we decide to blast some music over a game of pool. My mom doesn't care if they go up or down, but my dad prefers the basement. What do you guys think would be better?

But anyway, the pic on this post is of a comparison between the RF-5's and the SF-2's. Lol, I gotta laugh at the horn size looking at the two of them. man, those RF-5's sound so much better it's not even funny. 9.gif lol, also to note is my moms weird sense in furniture. we recently had that chair reupholstered, and she decided on that pattern. while it may look crazy, it's damn comfortable, and looks cool when you get used to it.

post-10107-1381924632987_thumb.jpg

well, it's not letting me load pictures, so I can just describe the room. The basement is about 30 by 30 square, so fair size. the "lounge room" is maybe 13 by 25. the basement has all cement walls, but would be acousticaly treated. speakers would be placed in corners.

We almost built a cabin... but never got around to it. 8.gif

I wanted to have a cabin. It would have been nice because it was my dad's thing, not my mom's. SO I could have actually had speakers in the place. Oh well... some day my house will be a shrine to everything speaker.

It's funny how the same thing can be called so many diferent names. In Wisconsin, it is considered a "cabin". My wife's family has a "cottage" on the Maine Coast. My family has a "camp" on a lake in northern Maine. BTW, I hope you guys are using some sort of roof truss in your cabin. Since you have that knee wall, there would be no way of keeping roof rafters from spreading without some collar ties. Looks nice, I like the pine finish. That's what we have up north.