Advice for buying used Heritage speakers

If you're going to treat areas A & B as one room, a pair of LaScala/Belle/Cornwall would probably work very well.  Area C is smaller, you'd probably want nothing larger than a Forte in there; a pair of Heresy might work nicely.
If you do come up with a pair of K-Horns for the bigger room, expect to have to build Mr. K's 'false corners' to support them with a proper corner.

I'm envious of your project, good luck!

In a setting where I am trying to have conversation with background music,  I prefer more speakers at a lower volume.  This avoids loud spots in the room.  I would prefer 3 pairs of Heresy (with sub) to one pair of Khorns.  Unless you bar is setup to feature music?  I own Khorn, LS and Heresy.  I use Heresy in a 20x30' gameroom.  They do a fantastic job!  I've tried other speakers in there and none cut through the room like horns.

• Like 2

Ask and look to see if they have all of the the original speaker drivers. Also, what changes or replacements to the internal crossover. Do they sound as they should? No popping, crackling or weird noises. All speakers inside the cabinet working. ~  How is the overall condition of the wood cabinets?  MOST people tend to be pretty hard on speakers, so look closely... Good luck, And all the best to you! 👌

• Like 1

I'm with @tragusa3 on his concerns about volume. Is this a bar you want people to be able to converse easily or have to raise their voices to be heard?

The main reason klipsch will work so well for a bar is the intelligibility. 

If all drivers work (woofer, and two compression drivers for the midrange and tweeter) the crossovers can be fixex/updated/retored to original specs.

If the Belle Klipsch cabinets are in nice shape, they have probably not been abused. Lascalas often have been as a lot of bands hauled them around or used them for P.A. A lot will depend on the price.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:40 PM, Travis In Austin said:

Khorns in London

CCC83D32-D00A-422D-8D6B-9C69C12F10D6.jpeg.16d113a3e29f1b57d4b1400156dfb905.jpeg

This is Brilliant Corners, and it is just like the name says! I was there just under a year ago. One of the best nights of my life.

Kitting out bars and nightclubs with Klipsch is sort of my job - I have put La Scala and Heresy in a bunch of places.

My advice to OP would be - space dependent - La Scala (of any stripe, but Industrial preferred as has more robust LF) with a KP480 sub underneath it. You can't beat it for a club, unless you can magically find a TSCM (verrrry hard).

• Like 1