Receiver Suggestion

rwolfcastle80

What exactly is your budget for the receiver?

It would be best if you could audition all those receivers and pick the one you like the best. But IMO, the best to worst would be:

Marantz

H/K

Pioneer

Sony (BTW, the Sonys aren't as bad as some people say. Just keep to the ES series)

Kenwood

rwolfcastle80 ,

I recommend Harman Kardon. I owned a Denon 2802, and there is no comparison to my new HK 525. The Denon sounded dry and lifeless in comparison. For music, it is really noticable. The HK has a tighter, more solid and defined bass response as well. The 525 has some added bass management features that the 520 does not have, plus two extra powered channels. It is a little pricier though. To Denon's 'credit', I have heard that the 3803 blows the 2802 away in terms of sound, but I was unimpressed with the 2802.

I'd personally dislike any product that's made in china, no offense. Its just I've had many problems with products I owned made in china. The quality is just not there. As for denon, the "majority" of their products are made in JAPAN. I own the denon 3802, upgrade from ONKYO 797, great difference. You can buy a open box 3802 at tweeter with full warranty for around 600 now. I love my denon, I plan to buy 5802 or 5803 when I have money.

Btw, ONKYO's products are made both Japan and Malaysia. Japan- higher ends, malaysia =mid price.3.gif