A/V Furniture - Looking for Recommendations

chickey

Can anyone recommend some affordable but good looking AV furniture? Im about to embark on upgrading my woefully dated stereo cabinets, and I need something that is both good looking and practical (e.g., removable backs, wire management, etc). I need to accommodate about a dozen components, and I would like to stay away from the stacked rack designs (Ive got WAF to worry about). The Salamander Designs Synergy series suits my tastes, but not my wallet (the configuration I priced out their website was over 3 grand). Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Colin

Chickey-

Remember, this thing is HEAVY! I think the 48 weighs in at about 160lbs. Also, the casters don't come with it, I ordered them because of a seasonal furniture change that GF insists on. It doers come with spikes and a set of nylon sliding feet and gets delivered in three boxes.

Just remembered, I got mine at half off. A couple years ago StudioTech was closing out the old design before stocking the newer ones (the ones out today). The old ones didn't coem with the equipment extension out the back. Nor was it able to mount the door on either side or able to "rack mount" equipment.

I am in love with the art deco motiff. It reminds me alot of my grandmother's Victrola (which still works) and about as big too.

Colin,

My recommendation is Bell'O, I love their furniture and I got a really good deal from a guy I dealt with directly. He has postings on ebay, and his userid is dadstoys. I picked up a set of 36" stands for a really good price. If you are interested in his contact information, email me and I can send it off to you. Do some research on a unit(s) you like, find the lowest price and then give it to him. He beat the lowest price I could find on these stands, and he will give you his bottom line, great to deal with.

Colin-

I have a Salamander Designs Synergy 30 (Cherry & Black) with side panels & perforated door, it looks fantastic!!! While I do have to admit that they are expensive, it is VERY nice. It hides everything, except the DVD player, making the HT look clean and organized. Plus, the wife wouldn't know if anything changed since its all hidden 2.gif. The only problem that I have had with it is that my Parasound amp is too deep and I can't fit the back panel on (even the 2" extension that they have won't work). If you can swing the cash, its worth looking into, if needed purchase it in phases.