I just won my Belles on eBay....

m00n

Moon,

Search the archives for shipping info.

You should spend some time investigating shipping if you aren't limited to driving distance. Since 911 it is difficult to ship w/o a commercial account. If you have a local business that will accept them then that would help....one that has an account with a shipper than can schedule pickup would be better. Otherwise it's Moon Theater Designs, LLC for the address and you hope the seller has a commercial account. If the seller would drive the speakers to a local dock then that would help vs in house pickup and pack....

I would spend the time to investigate shipping before going nuts bigging. Many sellers don't want to deal with packaging and shipping. They want you to have someone pick them up...others will do it for you but charge over $400.

You can bid a lot higher if they are local.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 3/7/2003 9:12:26 PM NOZ wrote:

Get em m00n....oh wait, guys got no feedback, have you e-mailed him, or her..

If you are going to pick them up don't worry, but if you are going to ship, I wouldn't...

----------------

I just emailed him about 5 minutes ago... I doubt he will even have a chance to reply before the bid ends... I know, no bid history does worry me...

Is it a bad sign that he didn't have a reserve price? He says they are perfect condition... No I can't dive over to pick them up... He is east coast I am west coast. 4.gif

Damn... just like last night, my heart is about to come out of my chest.4.gif

Congratulations m00n!!

I was watching that auction also. Charlotte is about a 4 hour drive for me and I told my wife I was going to snag them because they were so close. She was not thrilled LOL said I didn't have room for them :)

I had emailed the seller, he was not a fountain of information. I asked about the serial #s and he sent me one...#1P713 (1976) and he said the finish is Walnut Oil. He also reinterated that "they are in perfect condition".

I think you are going to be one happy m00n when you get these babies home!

dOOOOOOOOOOOOd - you hit the jackpot with these. Those may well be the best Belle set out of the whole bunch sold in the last month or so. 1976 alnico Belles in perfect condition??? Oh yeahhhh!

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hades that you won't like these speakers.....

Start rearranging that room - the Belles are in charge now!!!!

Welcome to Heritage9.gif

Dammit, I missed the auction. So m00n, your a Heritage man now?

Congrats on the Belle Klipsch...I just saw the picture (looks real nice)! And I like your "About ME" page on eBay...wonder where you got that idea from?

Has the seller contacted you yet on shipping? It's a shame you don't have a weeks vacation planned now; you could rent a van and take a major road trip to Charlotte to pick 'em up.

When you finally get them home, we wanna see lots of pictures and a review!

Again, welcome to the Heritage Series!2.gif

JTS8 Oh indeed.. I will bore you guys with so many pictures and questions about tube amps and sepparate receiver. It will probably be a while before I get build my tube amp and get my sepparate...

edster00 Hey thanks man for not bidding on them 1.gif. And thanks for the info that he sent to you. I just got back from dinner with the family so i have not checked my email yet to see if he has responded to me.

rigma Damn, that's half the distance that I will have to pay for... Ouch... Oh ouch.6.gif Thanks for the site. I will check it out. Is UPS not an option?

dndphishin Oh how I hope your right. For the price of the belles and the shipping... Oh man. Gonna cost. And thanks for the good words there. You know how it is after you make a big purchase... You sometimes start doubting yourself 2.gif. You made me feel much better. 1.gif

kjohnsonhp I will tell you all about it. I am sure the belles will sound much better. They better. 11.gif

jt1stcav Thanks man! Yes I think I have just won my rights into the elite heritage club. 9.gif. I dunno about the road trip. That would cost just about as much as shipping I would think.

Flason Tubes indeed. I have already submitted to that fact. 1.gif