NOSValues. I am told your the man to talk to.

m00n

yeah, I know what a receiver is. I need to go back and re-read what I wrote to make myself look as though I didn't know what one was. 2.gif

I may someday invest in a nice CD player, but for now, my DVD player will have to do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m00n,

Anyway, nothing wrong with using a tube tuner with a tube amp.

And there might not be anything wrong with using your DVD player for CD playback either. As long as it doesn't bother you, just forget about it and enjoy your music. You won't really know until you get your Belles anyway.

Did you get a shipping quote yet? I hope you don't have a weak heart, for when you hear the cost!

Did you consider building your own? It would be a great learning experience adn would provide some great sound when you finish. I am currently in a project working on an amp with 6L6's which I would LOVE to build. Money will be an issue for me, though, but if you had $1000, then you could build one heck of an amp.

It sounds like we will be using the shipping company that DeanG informed me about. They have some incredible prices. When I talked to the lady who is selling me the belles last night, the shipping company suggested that she use a subcontractor guy to come over, create them up and deliver them to the shipping company. So, if all goes as it should they should be delivered in good shape. Oh and as far as cost for shipping, I am looing at something in the $125.00 range. That does not include what the cost of the contractor guy to come out and create them up....

----------------

On 3/11/2003 1:38:22 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

Did you consider building your own? It would be a great learning experience adn would provide some great sound when you finish. I am currently in a project working on an amp with 6L6's which I would LOVE to build. Money will be an issue for me, though, but if you had $1000, then you could build one heck of an amp.

----------------

VERY MUCH I would like to build my own... Check this out

Moon,

Your link was the Triode board for the same ST-70. Craig has been working with the CURCIO mod which probably is a better modification. I'm interested in his update on that amp.

I ended up with the ST-70/PAS3 because a friend of mine had experience restoring them and did it for the cost of parts-only....he actually lives near you in Vancouver, WA. He just did a Macintosh amp, too.

If you can find an ST-70 dirt cheap then the mod could make it a good value. If you have to pay $300 and then the cost of the mod then folks may have better options. My friend found one in the dumpster. I had to pay $350 for my Pas3/ST-70 combo.

There were 500,000 ST-70's made so they are easy to find.

I'm not recommending Dynaco, but I am bringing it up for others to comment about...especially the Curcio mod that Craig has worked with.

Well, I got two Cornwalls packed inside a sheet metal vault, weighing 315 LBS. -- from San Jose CA. to Dayton, OH. for $132.

I'm getting weak from the repitition -- but I'm convinced most of the magic with tubes resides in the Class A realm. The longer you can stay in Class A -- the better.

m00n,

Remember that the Dynaco's will require a preamp (you probably know this but I just thought I would be sure).

Also be sure to check out the sellers feedback...this one is negative but it does say it is in dispute. I always email potential sellers to see how they answer questions and I also try to speak to them on the phone if I can.