The Ring

erikjohn

There was a bit of double entendre in the title in that the ring of the phone is involved.

I appeciated the settings and characters, plus a fairly interesting plot.

One thing I've noticed is that fearful stuff, in any movie, always occurs when the actor, or ourselves, is alone or in a confined space. The next most frequent setting is a small number of people in isolation. Haunted house, fishing boat, etc. It probably just is part of our nature. We find safety in numbers and wide open spaces. Unless there's a T-Rex. The insane captain is another theme. Just an observation.

The movie was much better than the run of the mill teenage slasher/vampire movie. I may put it on the list for re-viewing at Halloween. I'd recommend it for a rental at any season. B+ in my view.

Gil

Fear.com stole the idea of Ringu, just switched it up a little. I recently saw Ringu too, quite interesting. I found the images in Ring more disturbing though. *SPOLIER* The end, the way Samara walked toward the TV and then came out of it, that was purhaps one of the most haunting images I've seen in quite a long time, the way that was done was masterful.

Good girl hysterical? I wouldn't call it hysterical though there were some funny parts, but it was a very very good movie...Although what really put it over the edge was Jake Gyllenhaal. After seeing The Good Girl and Donnie Darko (a super super movie, one of my fav. all timers) I would say hes def. an actor to keep an eye on.

-mkl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just watched it. Maybe I'm just a PU-C but talk about making every single little tiny hair stand on end. Daaaaam! That movie is just wrong. Definitly had my heart rate up most the movie. And yeah, that girl coming out of the tv at the end.... I think I was just about as freaked out as the guy in the movie. I got it all sealed up ready to go back to netflix first thing tomorrow. Don't need my 5 year old stumbling across that movie by accident.

Again, that movie is just wrong.6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

about a month later... I will be out in my office/theater/shop which is a building completely sepparte from my house. Thoughts of that movie will come into my head and still gives me the creeps. And while locking up at night befor heading into the house, I find my self looking over my shoulder when turning out the lights and there seems to be a hurry in my step. 4.gif

Again, that movie is just wrong! 7.gif