m00n

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/25/2003 1:09:36 PM lynnm wrote:

Congratulations m00n

I see that the tops are done in cane but the bass bins look very dark. Do they also have the cane cloth ?

----------------

Ahhh yes lynnm, good question. They are both brown. I suppose that is cane. Not sure what color cane actually is, but both the top and bottom are both the same color cloth.

Very Good m00n,

I hope you enjoy them.

Rewire them after you listen to them for at least a month. This way you will know what you didn't like before and you can really tell If the upgrade was worth it.

Speaker placement cannot be stressed enough.

Danny

Moon those are soom nice looking belles, Fist fix those speaker wire conections that you hooked up to your crossovers, it lookes like you used the bare wire and just stuck it unter the screws, you need to get some spade conectors and put them on your speaker wire and then put them under the screws on the crossover and properly tighten them down.You dont want those speaker wires touching each other could run your amp or speakers.

You need to get those speakers father apart they are way to close together.

Also if your wife has to have those picturs on those nice belles can you talk her into putting some kind of cloth under them to protect the finish of the belles from getting scratched.

Just some advice I would do, but of course they are your speakers. You are really going to love these BELLES once you get them farther apart and get a good tube amp to power them with.

Another Klipsch sucker hooked! Welcome to the club m00n! You will be enjoying yourself, playing your music collection and hearing new detail!

Wife has already made it quit clear that she gets the top of the belles to put pictures and what not on. I just left it alone as I knew it was not open for debate.

Anything but plants requiring water!! If she wants to do that, let her know the Klipsch Police will be at your door! 1.gif

Nice Belles!

After seeing your photos, however, I wonder if a pair of monitor speakers would be a better fit. I love the looks of the Belles but I would assume the WAF is an issue, and it doesn't seem that's the ideal placement. It would be interesting to compare the Belles in that room to nice monitors on stands. The KEF Ref 201, Onyx Ref 1, and Joseph Audio RM7Si come to mind.

My Cornwalls lasted one day in our family room. My wife hates them! They seem to fit great in the corners above the garage in the media room. I really like the looks of my bronze weave Cornwalls but I too would say the Belles are better looking.

If you ever get a chance to a/b them in your theater with just music, it would be interesting to hear what you think of the Belle sound vs your RF7's.

I originally was shopping for Belles but the Corns came up first. This forum also provided some coaching on the Corns for more bass.

m00n

One more thing. My Khorns had some scratches on the top from pictures etc that were placed on top of the speakers and vibrated. One scratch was from moving and was very noticable. The scratches have been bugging me for years. When I re-oiled them, the scratches disappeared.

JM

After reading Deans post, I went in the basement and looked at the warnings on my can of boiled Linsead oil. There are no fumes warnings. Only combustion (creates slight heat when drying), and do not swallow (the obvious poison warnings).

Maybe an email to Andy may solve this.

Ive put 4 coats on mine now over the last few months. I do not find the smell overpowering or even objectional.

JM

Congrats on finally getting your dream Belles (I would've congrated you earlier, but I was too busy getting A NEW JOB AT "GUITAR CENTER"...thank you, thank you!). The Belle Klipsch are very beautiful; I'm extemely jealous!

I know how ticked off you are about scratches on their cabinets (I get pissed off every time my cats jump on top of my Cornwalls). Maybe you should explain to your wife that maybe NOT putting picture frames and nick-nacks on top of the Belles is a better thing to do, as vibration will make those objects scoot across their tops! If she insists, then PLEASE make sure you have doilies under every frame/nick-nack. Just a thought...

I also know that you said your present room is the audio room from HELL in the way that it's shaped. Again, if you can talk the wife into it, please rearrange the furniture in that room! I assume once your HT is finished, the present audio/TV gear/entertainment centre will not be in there. That should be the time for perhaps a new amp purchase (or using your existing h/k amp for the time being), and seperating the Belles alot more than they are now, toed-in to your sweet spot.

Maybe clean off the connections/wires, but leave the mods until later, after having properly placed your Belles and you have listened to them in that setup for awhile. Your Monster Cable is fine for now.

There's so much to do, so get crackin'...and welcome to the Heritage Series!

PERMISSIBLE EXPOSURE LEVEL:

None assigned. There is no OSHA PEL or ACGIG TLV established for linseed oil.

EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE:

INHALATION: Vapors may cause irritation of the respiratory tract.

SKIN: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause irritation or dermatitis.

EYES: Contact with eyes may cause burning and tearing.

FIRST AID:

INHALATION: Remove victim to fresh air. If difficulty noted in breathing, get medical attention

at once.

SKIN: Wash affected areas with soap and water.

EYES: Flush with water for fifteen minutes and get medical attention.

INGESTION: If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting, keep person warm, quiet and get

medical attention. Aspiration of material into lungs can cause chemical

pneumonitis which can be fatal.

PRIMARY ROUTE(S) OF ENTRY:

Skin contact.

CARCINOGENICITY:

This product does not contain 0.1% or more of any substance listed as a carcinogen by NTP, IARC

or OSHA.

O.K. -- it's not "toxic as hell". The smell seemed strong to me. I still wouldn't use it around the kids.

Make sure you throw your rag into a baggie and fill with some water when your finished.