Wanted to say Hi !!!

----------------

On 3/27/2003 7:20:59 AM speed3 wrote:

It seems as though "Best Buy Worker" has caught some pretty big fish. I guess the bait was just too irresistible for some of you. Do you think it might be DEAM behind that thin veil???

----------------

I was wondering this myself. Is this dude really serious or are we seeing a very nice piece of satire here? It may not be all Heritage, but I'd love to put his bosse's "high-end bose" up against my all Reference theater and see who will need to bring a new pair of underwear. 6.gif

Hey BestBuyGuy share a little love and let me in on some of that "employee discount" my newly found Klipsch brother! :)

BTW, I see everyone hating on the BOSE line. At one time, maybe not to long ago, the Bose 901 and 601 speakers were the shiznick.

What has happened to them?

Regards,

Mike

BestBuyWorker,

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping you were right that as a BBY employee we can get deals on klipsch. I'd love to look into a new Heritage for myself.

Yesterday I looked through the BBY "accomadation program" and did not see anything about klipsch. As far as I can see, the only employee deals BBY has on klipsch would be the Synergy line in store.

Could you e-mail me at let me know how and where you found such a deal?

Until then I will assume you are just pulling our leg.

Edited to be nicer. Sorry about that.

----------------

On 3/28/2003 1:21:25 PM lynnm wrote:

He is welcome as far as I am concerned. Did it occur to any of you that this guy might be on the level ?

----------------

I am pleased with the degree of restraint exhibited here today.

You boys be nice now.

Give him time. If he listens (Heritage)..he will learn.

I.B. Slammin

PS: Saddam blows goats...and so does Bose..

He's on the level.

It's all about point of Reference. I remember when I thought Advents were the end all, then I heard DQ-10's, then I heard Magnepans -- and on it goes.

No doubt a set of SF-2's would crush the Acoustimash system.

I don't think Reference or Heritage is available through Best Buy. If so, then I might get a part time job at Best Buy.9.gif

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a lot of traffic about the BB situation.

The poster may be sincere, or it may be a glad handing plant from corporate America.

In any event, are we so sure that the BB angle is a bad development? It puts more Klipsch speaker (even if the low end) in the hands (ears) of potential fans. Other conduits have broken down.

Gil

Guys, whether the "Best Buy" guy was a fake or a real person does not matter. I am scared of the fact that even if this is fake it does resemble the sad reality anyway - most employees in Best Buy are poorly trained, have no idea what they are selling. Once in a while out of curiosity I am asking some of the BB sales people relatively simple questions and inevitably am getting either BS answers or in the best case an honest reply this person has no clue. The scary part is that these kind of people will be "selling" Klipsches. It does not matter that these will be just Synergy series. If these guys will market the Klipsches as underdogs compared to Bose boom boxes - this will eventually cheapen the image.

I believe that instead of giving this guy a hard time, we would be much wiser creating a special area on the forum "for BB Employees only" where we could jointly train and educate these guys. If such an area would be created on this forum I personally would advise BB guys to check it out every time I stop by BB to check some hi-rez audio. My2c

Yeah, I don't like the cheapening of the system, either.

Still, I'd like to think the Klipsch appeal is so strong that people vote with their ears, when they hear the real McCoy of audio reproduction.

It is a new world out there. The most cost efficent of the Klipsch line is on the battle line in a warehouse setting manned by uneducated salespeople; they might well have sales quota, etc. The Bose folks have slick set ups.

I'd like to think that BB and other supermarkets give Klipsch a popular forum even if the playing field is not level.

Gil

----------------

On 3/28/2003 1:21:25 PM lynnm wrote:

He is welcome as far as I am concerned. Did it occur to any of you that this guy might be on the level ?

----------------

Actually, no. Obviously quite slanted with a bias towards trolling! Entertaining, though.

Mace