Do your DVD cases get scratched or "beaten up"?

Kain

Kain....

I have a question for you. Do you guys have your own version of Hollywood in the Middle East? Reason I ask is because I am watching the news and they are talking about how Iraq lobbed a missle at Kuwait City and hit near a movie theater. I am just wondering if you guys make your own movies.

----------------

On 3/29/2003 1:07:04 AM m00n wrote:

Kain....

I have a question for you. Do you guys have your own version of Hollywood in the Middle East? Reason I ask is because I am watching the news and they are talking about how Iraq lobbed a missle at Kuwait City and hit near a movie theater. I am just wondering if you guys make your own movies.

----------------

Yes, they do make Arabic movies.

One of the best movie theaters in Dubai is CineStar. Click here to check it out.

----------------

On 3/29/2003 9:35:07 AM bruinsrme wrote:

Kain,

Nice to see you again. America DVD is Region 1 and I assume Pakistan is a different region. Are the DVD there formatted in PAL and do they have different features than the region 1 dvds?

Scott

----------------

Pakistan use the European region, which is Region 2. And yes, the standard in Pakistan is PAL.

However, I order my DVDs from Amazon.com (the US website), so my DVDs are Region 1 and NTSC. But remember, I don't live in Pakistan. 1.gif

Here in mexico we have both region 1 (USA and Canada) and region 4 (latin america).

When the region 4 discs started to come out I noticed that there were differences in the additional features that are included in the dvd's. Most recent discs are almost identical in terms of content compared to the region 1. Packaging also differs. A couple of weeks back I bought the "Back to the Future" trilogy in region 4, the store where I bought it had the region 1 set playing on a big screen TV and I looked a the menus and they were the same as the region 4.

Another observation, region 4 since it destined for use in latin america, basically has english, spanish, and portuagese. Region 1 has english and french and most recent titles are now including spanish.