Academy anyone?

bev

Hey y'all!

First & foremost...I've been dealing with only intermittent internet access, so I haven't been able to be around as much as I'd like...I miss y'all!!

Second...I'm looking for an Academy...any finish...

(Kev, I HATE I missed yours...) I'm finally to a point where I can upgrade my center...and I can't think of anything else to use with my Chorus II and Forte II's...

oh, I thought about another Forte II as a center, but it just won't work with my room... 8.gif

anyway...keep me in mind if you decide to part with one, or run across one...

Thanks!

Bev

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bev, I also have Chorus II's for my mains and have had it with a KTCLR THX center for several years and am also upgrading. Have you considered a Quartet? it's in the same family as the Forte' II and Chorus II, exact same midrange driver for all 3 in fact (K-61-K). I would have liked a Quartet but, it's been hard to find them so, I just decided on a new Heresy II. I think it will be a much closer match to the Chorus II than my KTCLR and even the Academy for that matter.

Good luck in your search.

~Tom~

I've got two of them, the salesman told me that two center channel speakers are better than one, to put one above the TV, and one below the TV, boy was he wrong. So I've had one in the closet for about the past eight years. I've been meaning to put it on ebay, just been a little too lazy.

The academy's are nice speakers, and I wouldn't trade the one that I'm using with my Forte's for anything.

Hey Guys...

Thanks for alerting me!

I don't know if this is luchenbach's...but dude's selling some Forte II's too...

DD: lmao! maybe we can talk him down...a distress sale! (MY distress!)

I'll keep an eye on this one...and it's black like I want too!

Bev

Well, Bev, another one that got away. I hope the guy who offered $3oo was the same as the high bidder of $152. If not, high bidder gets it for $152 since bids were not cancelled. Could be interesting. I also wonder if eBay will want their cut of $300, not $152 since seller revealed the actual selling price.

You could actually turn him into eBay as he did not follow correct procedure, he nowhere stated in the auction text that he reserved the right to end the auction early. In addition as you previously stated he sold it for $300 but the bid posted was only $152 eBay would surely have a problem with that. Sometimes underhanded dealings like that can tick one off for sure. Had he let the auction run its course he would probably had gotten more for it. Someone made him an offer and he ran with it. He could still be reprimanded by eBay by the way he handled it. Someone got a decent deal!

Well...if it's any consolation, I think a fellow forum Klipschite got the eBay academy...and I'm glad he got a good deal, however, I couldn't resist emailing the seller and telling him I would've paid more than $300!! I don't know if it would be worth turning him in...jeez, don't want sour grapes...

K-foot, looks like our search continues!

Luchenbach...where are you? we still want yours!!!! 9.gif

Bev

I am glad a fellow forum member got it! I think $300 is fair, I think they normally sell on eBay for much more than they are worth. However, it is the supply and demand thing. I say good for him! He negotiated a good deal at a fair price. The seller should have still followed correct procedure by cancelling all bids and posted that the unit was no longer available for sale though. It is in no way the bidder's fault.