Paradigm PW-2200 or SVS PB1-ISD???

onadi

The PW2200 is a good choice,a clear choice..no.If I could only have one sub and only one I would go with the better performing SVS.

Both are good performers,both a good choices.The SVS is a superior sub,output that is.They both extend quite deep.

The PW2200 is tuned to just under 30hz, the SVS PB1 is tuned to 22hz. The SVS will outgun, and out extend it. The PW2200 makes sense for Canadians who can get it for significantly less than they can get a PB1. But if the price is close, the SVS is the clear choice in my books.

PS1200 and PW2200 are very different subs. The PS1200 is bandpass junk and the PW2200 is a good sub.

"The PS1200 is bandpass junk and the PW2200 is a good sub."

DAMN RIGHT

The PS series is as defined as a 1000lbs swine,as much control as a hot air baloon in a tornado.

LOL

If I hear one more time the PS1200 is a fine sub I warn you BOOMER I will puke in one of the ports and improve the damping.

Yeah I agree that the PS-1000 is not a very good sub. But still, it packs a BIG PUNCH in the caboche "in the chest? LOL". But to me, this is not the WORST sounding sub on the planet. I found many to be worse than it like the popular Sony one 11.gif IMHO. I found the PS-1000 not accurate, but it is still surprisingly tight for a bandpass sub. Anyway this is not a sub for pure audiophiles, but more for someone who like techno, hard house songs or for those who likes to distortionned sound from many night club... distorted but still fun when you feel it so much in your chest! 3.gif You know, many like this distortionned bass and this is not BAD! I, myself, like that sometimes but for sure, I still prefer the sound from cleaner subs like many one of The_Ears 2.gif

Oh!! I just saw that all of you talked about the PS-1200 and not the PS-1000. I prefer by far the PS-1000 for accuracy and tightness in music that the 12 inchers one. The 1200 is more slowww...

Pincette A Feu,

L'Oreille dit

Yes the PS series brings ALOT of BOOM for the $$$,for a bit more money the PW2200 brings both good output and true deep bass.Much cleaner deep bass,better definition.

The PS1000 is more defined then the PS1200,hmm at the same output and both cut of below 30Hz they sound dare I say almost...identical.The PS1200 reaches a bit further down this explains the perception of ...lesser definition.

Take the PS800,it booms like hell for a small inexpensive sub.But it also gets on my nerves(BTW I had both the PS800 and 1000! shame on me,I know LOL ).

And its not ebcause of bad tuning,even with proper placement and well integrated these subs are not for music(unless BOOM and BOOM compose the said "music" or ****** Spears "sings").

1.gif

Le Nez, (LOOLLLL!! tsé un peu déformé le nick en 2.gif)

Yup, thats pretty my opinion too... but did you hear the latest version of the PS-1000? Just wondering... because from the v.1 of the sub, they are now with the v.3. I dont know which version you listened too but it COULD make a difference (I just suppose I dont know), perhaps too little to notice something but still, the only one I listened to is the last one and the one which is selling today, the v.3. You know, they are now with the v.3 of their Monitors too and I had the v.2 before. I noticed quite a good difference when I upgraded to the v.3. However, I dont know if there were big changes since the last versions of the PS series. What version did you listen to? BTW, I bet that you didnt hear all those versions if right away, you were not interested in just one, and this is very comprehensible lol!

But ya.. some like, like I said earlier, these booming bass cubes and they just find that this is THE real bass! Even if we say that we cant live with that type of bass, some others just ENJOY IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH (umm à Montréal chu sur qui en a pas mal en! 2.gif)

I'll throw my $0.02 in here. I had the PW2200 in my HT system. As Ears said, great sub. Then with the SVS summer sale prices last year, I figured "what the hey" and got the 20-39PC+. Oh my what a sub. While it is a tube, and takes up more vertical space than the PW2200 cube, it is an amazing sub. Lots of clean output and makes the wall and furniture shake. If the SVS box subs are as good as their cylinder subs, and you can get one for about the price of a PW2200, that's the way I would go.

Yeah, never said that the PS series was good... but I find several other cheaps sub under 400$ US crappier than it. For USA people, if you buy it in USA (the PW-2200), they arent cheaper than SVS subs (the PCi or the PB1-ISD). This rule just apply if you buy it here or for us, canadians. But even for me, canadian, I still wouldnt buy a Pw-2200. I find that bass below 30 Hz is missing with this sub and I would buy SVS or Hsu for more extended bass. Well I have an Hsu VTF-3 with the latest driver and amp (well Hsu gave me them as soon as he got them and also that was for a replacement) and I just love it more than ever. That new driver and amp just gave me more power, with the same bass quality, I just dont know why! I think that this is due to the Xmax which I see above than what its stated (25 mm). The woofer moves more than this often and without any stress. I would like to try SVS too by the way 1.gif

SVS and don't look back...no need to. I have had the PW2200 and have had a Klipsch SW8. I actually liked the SW8 a little better in some ways to the PW2200. The SVS blows them all outta the room. I have the 20-39PC+ and I hear very good things about the PB1. I am considering a second sub and am considering the either the PB1 or the soon to be released PB2. The wife wont do a second cylinder thats why the box.

The Pw 2200 will do nearly 105 db at 25 hz, with 112 63hz with 114 db peaks. If you are like me, you will want the sub 20 hz bass. Some others prefer the 25 hz+ bass.

I have gone through several subs from Klipsch LF 10's, JBL Pb12, Velodyne HGS 12 to the my PW 2200. My favorite of these 4 was the Vel. If I were to do it again, I would have spent a bit more on an HGS 18 and been done! Now that is not an option and I am still looking to BETTER my sub performance.

My point is, stertch your budget anyway you can and buy a sub that you think is more then you will ever need!

This way you won't get buried when you try to sell your used sub and upgrade.

I think the new SVS PB2+ is a steel and it should run with the best of them. If you just can't swing it, look at other SVS products as well as the HSU VTF-3. The VTF-3 is a real good low bass sub with some very serious output @ 20hz, and above for a very reasonable price.