Me and mOOns decisions are simular

Jim Cornell

Well, after having the Cj on auction for 4 days with no bids, i went down to radio shack and picked up a splitter to run 2 amps out of 1 main out, now i have SS on 1 set of Ks, and the tubes on the other in the same room!

I am keeping the Cj, over and done with!

Also my wife wants me to keep the laptop, so i can easily get online anywhere, like vacations, so that over and done with as well!

Here on the BB, it is very easy to get overwhelmed with ideas, what to get, what to try, what to sell!

Ive recently have been, kinda rude, because im taking a break, from the audio thing and am ganna relax and listen for a while!

Maybe the next thing i will look into is the new line, for bedroom H/T, but that will be a while!

mOOn, you really should give the cornwalls a listen, if we ever moved, and i lost the room, and had to part with the Ks, i would go cornwalls!

I also think the cornwalls would be a better match to the RF-7s!

Ok im done, with that now.

Ill have a new camera Monday, i will post pictures of the whole room, with 4 Klipschorns set up, im looking foreward to it!

In the meantime im on an audio break, time to work, be with my children, and take it easy.

Best regards Jim9.gif

What's a CJ? That is one letter off from a "B" 9.gif

About the corns... I need to wait. I am getting lots of good advice on speakers other than belles. Corns, Chorus, Forte. I have mentioned this before, I know of a pair of Corns not too far from me. They are boxed up. I had an opportunity to buy them before I purchased the belles. I guess they are in mint condition and I have no reason to doubt the guy. He is my mother in laws ex husband. I remember seeing them about 7 years ago. That was long before I even knew what Klipsch was. I remember thinking to myself, damn, those things are hidious looking. 4.gif Now I would really like to hear them. They were in great condition back then. He had to sell them to some guy a few years ago because of his hearing (thats another story). They guy who he sold them to has had them boxed up in his garage ever since.

Maybe someday I will see if I can talk this guy into breaking them out of the boxes so I can give them a listen.

m00n, a CJ is an acronym for "conrad-johnson", the famous manufacturer of vacuum tube (and solid-state) amps and preamps. Very good high-end audio!

I still think that you should shelve the 2-channel idea just for now, and concentrate 100% into your HT. Now, if you can see and hear those stored Cornwalls, and the owner will continue to store them for you until you're ready for them (and the price is right), then by all means, go for it! The Cornwall's mid frequencies may not be quite as dynamic as the Belle's (the differences aren't all that noticable, nor undesirable), but they do make up for the Belle's lack of bass (second only to the Klipschorns). If they're in great shape and haven't been abused, then they're a nice alternative to the Belle Klipsch. The Cornwalls aren't quite as wide as your Belles, but they are taller, and may fit better in your limited space. It's up to you, of course.

----------------

On 4/27/2003 2:22:40 AM jt1stcav wrote:

I still think that you should shelve the 2-channel idea just for now, and concentrate 100% into your HT.

----------------

JT, oh no... I am in NO hurry to get any new 2 channel speakers. We have a 15 year old Sanyo stereo that works just fine so it's not like I am doing without. It's nothing to write home about but it works and sound decent. I am simply doing my research, getting ideas trying to find out what the chararistics of the various Klipsch speakers are.

My theater is priority #1 right now.

Mine and m00n's decisions are similar.

Sorry, but that was just driving me crazy! 1.gif

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I stopped my 5.1 venture and went straight to 2.1 and I don't regret it. But space is an issue for me (going to college) so it really was/is my only choice.

edit... oh no... the rule does not work! remove "and m00n's"... Mine decisions are similar.... so fault in the rule or fault in my grammar? could it be "My"? Not likely.

mmmm. grammar. I personally like to leave it behind when posting. too much effort. Anyway, here is my favorite grammar tidbit. It'll get your friends every time.

The pl. poss. of a name ending in "s" is "s's". For example, "Mr. Williams's".

No one uses that! My bosses routinely return briefs with it. But the rule is on page 1 of Strunk & White (at least the last 2 eds.).

(oh crap. this was 4 min. I'll never get back)

----------------

On 4/27/2003 9:01:15 PM DeanG wrote:

I hate grammar.

So m00n -- did you sell the Belles?

----------------

Yeah... They are still sitting in my living room, but yeah. Funny too because ever since I decided to sell them, I have avoided listening to them so that I don't end up with sellers remorce. 4.gif