dndphishin, you ever going to tell us about the belles?

m00n

OK, here goes - a one line review of the Belles, after 36 hours in da house:

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

My wife's one line review of the Belles:

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

One problem: I bought these to use one in the HT as a center channel, and possibly to use the other as a mix mono center in the 2 channel setup. I made the mistake of installing both of them into the 2 channel setup. Whoooooooooooops! I don't wish to move them..........

Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy, I tell you!! Yes, they have bass, but uber quick and natural bass - no more or less than what the recording offers (with exception to that below 50 hz). Smooth top end too - now I understand the forum love for the AA crossover!

And beautiful....my wife's eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning when I unwrapped them. I must say that they look sooooo much better in person than in the pics - and I've seen and heard the Belles before - but they look stunning!

Let's hope the Vertical Corns provide the center channel performance I'm looking for! I think they will, but the 2 channel experiment put a fly in the ointment, that's for sure!

I have come to think that the Belles are better suited for the 2 channel system, where the Corns are better suited for HT - at least for my use. Time will tell, though - I've still only put the Belles through a short walk. We will see how they do over the marathon long haul, to change the mind of a self professed Cornwall addict. Initially, I don't miss the bottom 20 to 30 hz.

9.gif

Dndphishin

What are you powering the belles with? Man if you could keep those belles into a 2 channel setup and use those cornwalls for hometheater I think that would make the best set up.I bet you do like those belles they are a great looking speaker, even most women like the looks of them.Keep enjoying them.

Excellent... I am very glad your happy with them. And I am very happy they got to you undamaged. That was a huge worry for me when they were being shipped to me in the first place as well as to you.1.gif

Yes, m00n is certainly to be commended for a flawless transaction and shipping job. He handled it perfectly. Thanks a bunch for making this go smoothly!

Hopefully we can share a brew or two sometime, too. I have plans to be in "the m00n zone" in the not-too-distant future, so hopefully a few Terminator Stouts will be enjoyed.

"insert m00n's toasting beer glasses here"

I soooooo know it, Ed - but I must wait for the Verts to find out for sure. I have an experiment in store for the HT using the 6 Corns - so I'm still investigating (the details of which will not be revealed until complete, due to potential forum ridicule). But I gots me an idea.........

The big mistake was dropping them in my wife's front sitting room, where the 2 channel setup resides - my wife was "love at first sight" with these. They fit the room sooooo well. I guess that's a WAF problem that's good to have though - I'm not complaining!

dnd, you are one lucky dog! And you have the best of both worlds...2-channel (and tube), and home theatre. At least our stereo systems are nearly identicle; I'd love to own an Ajoe Tjoeb or the new JoLida JD-100 tube CD player (the radicle Shanling is too much loot for me)...Maybe someday, but I'm not complaining about my AMC (and AMC also makes a tube player). Of course, the MC250 is a no-brainer, and possibly one of the best SS/Heritage combos you can own!

I kinda figured that if you heard your m00n/Belles in 2-channel, you may not want to make the switch to your original plan. You obviously have the right room/placement for them to sound their best...good for you! Oh, and are you running the Belle Klipsch on 4 or 8 ohm taps?

Best of luck to you on your new purchase...m00n's loss is your gain. But to be fair, we all know that m00n just didn't have the right environment for the Belles to sound their best, and he's still happy as a clam with his Reference horns. Everyone comes out a winner here!2.gif