Does the SWS shake the floor?

vanilla

Im a newbie...

can the sws shake the floor when watching movies on the pc? does produce a MUCH greater rumble than the 4.1 sub? than the 5.1 sub?

when watching a movie and there's an explosion in the movie - does the sws reciprocate with great intensity? I have promedia 4.1s and when i watch movies (like star wars II), I find that the sub pushes out TOO much air and TOO little rumble.. not satisfying at all.

i was thinking about getting an sws if it can produce rumbles which rivals that of a sub 300 home theater sub.... any comments?

thanks guys.

DUDE you are asking for an SVS,HSU or Sunfire shake factor here for a mere $150!

Answer

AINT GONNA HAPPEN DUDE

3.gif

Lets stay Realistic( 2.gif )for a minute.An 8" woofer is not capable of the massive air pumping the big subs can.Unless its a Sunfire(much more expensive).Sunfire's 9",11" and 13" cubes would do the trick starting at $900(can be found for $700).The Carver Knight Shadow(a 11" cube using one ultra long throw massive 10" woofer)can be had around $600-650 and also would shake the floor,unlike the SWS.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 6/27/2003 11:12:04 PM TheEAR wrote:

"My God.... Ear helped someone."

My GOD I will soon make a crab stew!
2.gif

----------------

ROFL! on a more serious note, while the SWS is no SVS, SunFire, etc. The SWS has impressive heft, esp. for an 8". The motor assemb. and Mag. size are very impressive, even more so for an 8".

When asked too, it has impressive SPL capabilities, and can reach good depth for an 8".

Welll, they wont sshake the ground alone. In conjunction with a 4.1 or 5.1 system, i would say having 2 sws subs will do the trick. But at the price they are now, i would say that you look elsewhere for a sub. And mines do rattle the walls and shake the floor....not to mention has a nice punch to the chest sound. But you have to be willing to spend for it.

• 2 weeks later...

you guys are all wrong my klipsh pro media 5.1's with the audigy 2 do shake the floor what are you guys talking about "its no sunfire or svs"??? whats that all about how could you ask for more then a klipsh pro media 5.1 with an audigy 2 and an SWS sub??? talk about unappreciative...

no, we never said we weren't appreciative of the fact that the promedias sound very good - its just that we could use more bass. it is really a matter of preference - if you want more bass, there's really nothing anyone can do to stop it or change it.

sometimes 1 sws and the promedia sub just doesnt cut it, so we end up getting more subs - or if you really want to skip the multimedia subwoofer jungle, some people just leap into the hometheater sub section and hook them up to their pc.... its all really a matter of personal preference.

you may like your system, you may even think it has enough bass - but to me, it may not - in fact, im still kicking myself for not buying 2x12inch infinity subs, instead of only one.

----------------

On 5/29/2003 3:10:56 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

It certainly beats any sub $300 home theater subs.

floor shakers? not gonna happen, if you are lucky! Imagine the damage that would cause to your slab
1.gif

It is an impressive sub. Very similar to the ProMedia 5.1 sub as far as output goes.

----------------

yah it is a floor shaker if its anything like the pro media 5.1 sub then it defenetly is because my pro media 5.1 sub shakes the floor...

----------------

On 7/15/2003 11:41:35 AM pinipig523 wrote:

no, we never said we weren't appreciative of the fact that the promedias sound very good - its just that we could use more bass. it is really a matter of preference - if you want more bass, there's really nothing anyone can do to stop it or change it.

sometimes 1 sws and the promedia sub just doesnt cut it, so we end up getting more subs - or if you really want to skip the multimedia subwoofer jungle, some people just leap into the hometheater sub section and hook them up to their pc.... its all really a matter of personal preference.

you may like your system, you may even think it has enough bass - but to me, it may not - in fact, im still kicking myself for not buying 2x12inch infinity subs, instead of only one.

----------------

why the hell would you need more bass then a duel 8" sub and 1 SWS sub??? no offense but are you people deaf??? have you ever heard a DVD with the pro media 5.1's and an audigy 2 in an average size room???

----------------

On 7/18/2003 7:38:18 AM blake_mooney wrote:

why the hell would you need more bass then a duel 8" sub and 1 SWS sub??? no offense but are you people deaf??? have you ever heard a DVD with the pro media 5.1's and an audigy 2 in an average size room???

----------------

It does not matter how many SWS's you have, getting to the last octave or below just won't happen with a ProMedia subwoofer, at least not audible or applaudable SPL at that frequency. We are talking 10hz arena where you only feel the bass and the only instrument that can hit it is a pipe organ. Loudness is not everything, full spectrum sound is, at least to some people. An SVS CS-Ultra pair is an amazing thing. Not only can it hit serious SPL at low frequencies, it can hit serious SPL at stomach churning frequencies and still not be boomy. Imagine nearly bottomless bass... them imagine the SVS B-4.

dude, don't get offended. yeah the subwoofer is great but it's not much of a comparison against a good home theater subwoofer. I am faaaar from a bass junkie but the promedia 5.1 subwoofer can't deliver the level of punch I hope for with DVD's and some music. I am thinking of saving up for a RSW-10. (homer drool)aaaahhh RSW-10.....