I've moved, good location

WMcD

I have moved to a condo. 800 square feet with a big morgage.

The view is very nice. You will have to take a very close look at the attached photo to see the rainbow over the lake.

I've not been quite as active over the past four weeks because AT&T and SBC got into a cluster muck over changing over the phone service.

The Quartets are still in a box but I'm gonna set them up soon.

In a few months I'm gonna buy a big TV and will consult with you.

Gil

post-2552-13819247526518_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty nice. What floor are you on? From the view, I am guessing about the 5th or 6th floor. You do have a nice view of a pretty park right there. 800 square feet was about how big my apartment was when I first moved here to VA. Since than, I bought myself a house.

Now, the fun part - unpacking everything, ugh.

"I have moved to a condo. 800 square feet with a big morgage."

Hmmmmmmm.....mama always told me:

Klipsch + condos = poor neighbor relations6.gif

I would be booted outta there in a New York minute. Even with ownership, the association would be on my doorstep quick, due to a violation of the noise clause11.gif.

Looks nice though......congratulations!

Nice view but ...A condo and music played at even the most reasonable levels DO NOT MIX. You direct neighbors will be banging on your door just because of the sound coming from the BIG TV ...say nothing about the music from your stereo.

I've been there and done that. Not going back!

How big is 800 sq ft? Do you have a floor plan pic?

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. No offense but I could not live in a condo or apartment again unless some one could prove to me that the neighbors didnt really exist and I was surrounded by false addresses used in a federal protection program. My system is the reason. Heres the equation: Klipsch Reference + SVS = No friends over, under, around and through the walls.

9.gif

----------------

On 5/28/2003 10:41:05 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

I have moved to a condo. Gil

----------------

You have a great view there Gil but you need a new camera. lol. What type of camera did you use to take that image?

I have a Nikon D100 digital slr which I recommend highly to others who are serious about their photography. I'll post some images of my system when I get the place rearranged.

Regards,

Tony

----------------

On 5/29/2003 4:00:34 PM easylistener wrote:

How many pixs does it have?

----------------

Yours has 3.2 mega pixels. The D100 has 6.1. Makes a little difference when enlarging images.

You've got a nice view out of your window though. I like it.

Tony

Here is an upload of the floor plan.

As you can see it is a modest, if spacious, one bedroom. There is a "trick" division of the powder room and the bath.

The windows look out on "North Pond". The lake in the distance in the earlier posted picture is Lake Michigan. The venue is Chicago, Illinois.

Some of you fellas take me to task over the camera and blame it for the quality of the picture.

It is a Sony Mavica with a floppy disk drive built in. I like it a lot. Horn Ed is first in line to suggest something more sophisticated. So get in line. For internet posts, it does just fine.

The picture was taken through a dirty window and a cheap "add on" wide angle lense for video cameras. And it was a soggy day.

I have not cranked up any music. OTOH, I have not heard any evidence of neigboors either. The building was constructed in 1974 and is very solid.

Gil

post-2552-13819247527292_thumb.gif