Hey, guess what Bose stands for?

cdsang

----------------

On 6/1/2003 3:08:25 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

I do hope they blow away the bose, as everyone keeps posting on these and other boards..

----------------

I have A/B RF-7s with a Bose Acousticmass 15 system at the local dealer (right before the Klipsch got pulled out - we were just screwing around to kill time - the saleman that I deal with on a regular basis also cannot stand Bose). Let me put it this way - there is absolutly no comparison! You do not have even have to hope. Plain and simple - the RF-7s not just blows away the Bose - the RF-7 destroys the Bose!

Also to add - even my little ProMedia V2.400s will blow away the Bose. I A/Bed them at Best Buy. With the recent addition of the Klipsch Synergy line to the local Best Buy, I got to A/B the Quintets to the Bose Acousticmass 15. The Quintet system blew away the Bose.

Actually I have heard BOSE systems that sound damned good !

I would not pay the money for them because I am a serious audio hobbyist and I am aware of superior alternatives which can be had for a much lower cost - ( Can you spell Klipsch boys and girls ?)

That said - If I were like most users I would have been utterly unaware of good alternatives and would be totally blown away by their very nice sound as compared to 99% of the systems I would be aware of. The Bose Marketing Department was presented with a golden opportunity:

1.) A decent product.

2.) A management that saw marketing as being critical to the growth of the company.If Joe Average doesn't know about you - You are missing 95% of your potential market because even if Joe percieves your product as being out of range he will have your name in his database and should he have the opportunity to buy for himself at some point he will be predisposed to your product and will likely recommend you to others if asked.

3.) Manufacturers of products that are at least as good - And frequently vastly superior - who for whatever reason refuse to go head to head in the mass market.

For my part admit to an unforgivable heresy - I do not accept that Bose is Crap! FWIW Bose is decent sounding but grossly overpriced as compared to Klipsch but there are more expensive even less worthy options.

The good news is that Klipsch under the guidance of its current owners has chosen to continue providing the products that PWK originally provided and to expand/restructure the line to keep pace with developments in the marketplace.

In other words:

The legend lives and thrives

----------------

On 6/1/2003 6:30:19 PM lynnm wrote:

2.) A management that saw marketing as being critical to the growth of the company.If Joe Average doesn't know about you - You are missing 95% of your potential market because even if Joe percieves your product as being out of range he will have your name in his database and should he have the opportunity to buy for himself at some point he will be predisposed to your product and will likely recommend you to others if asked.

lynnm- well said!

klipsch has done well for itself by making the promedia line...similar to what you described above. i would have never thought to look for klipsch home theatre speakers if i had not seen the promedias at local retailers...then i checked out the other products from them and my "eyes were opened".

9.gif9.gif

I'm kinda of a mind with Lynnm.

The Tweeter over in the Century mall has a set of cubes (two on each side and mounted high up, set up with a sub). At least on what was playing, it was fairly impressive. It was CS&N.

I'd think that some consumers are correct in liking Bose. But that depends on what they're used to. There are quite a few mediocre systems out there.

Still, I hold the belief that with big orchestral recordings, or anything challenging, Bose can't keep up with Klipsch.

Lynnm is also talking about what I'd call, "marketing". In the 1970's at college, this was sort of an evil subject. Should not products be judged on performance? But we all know that we're subjected to a lot of it. Even Ajax laundry detergent "stronger than dirt" found its way into a Door's recording. The boys put it there; I'm not saying the soap company did.

We should all doubt that one brand of TSP was more effective than others. Yet even today, at the grocery, I will buy according to brands which are familiar.

I'd also agree with Lynnm about the value of having Klipsch LLC carrying on the line. There was a lot of traffic that the legend was being dumbed down. However, it looks like things are being done very well. There is new stuff and the old is preserved, in large measure.

Gil

AT home I listen to klipshorns

For work(Paint contracter) I have a old bose wave radio the big one that can run on batteries.

It has the option carying case makes it look good.

Its real heavey and gets loud you can hear it all over a large office or a big House.

It has way to much bass have to run with the bass defet maxedout.It does make a better than avrage paint radio and it plays cds to. Has worked well for 4 yearsI got it cheap on ebay.

It funny how most pepole I work with think I am crazy using such a nice bose sytem for painting tunes.Then I tell them to me it just a Blose and for me it my cheap sytem.

I cant think of a better loud portable sytem, unless I mount a tube amp and tuner in a Hersey.

Now that would be a nice paint radio. with even tone. But for now who eles makes a radio I can hear while sanding with earprotection headphones on.

"Still, I hold the belief that with big orchestral recordings, or anything challenging, Bose can't keep up with Klipsch."

NO this is NOT a personal belief,its a FACT.Any challenging material will make the B0$e spit its mediocre quality parts all over the place.Try Lord of the Rings at 115dB,try to get true subsonic earth moving power from some POS bass module.Sure the soda can sized cubes are as efortless as my RF7's,sure and dig as deep as a Sunfire SIgnature...Suuuure in a medicated dream.The built in POS amp is a worthy competitor to dual ATI's(2505 and 1505).

Any B0$e fanatic who heard my systems felt bad about B0$e(I love to dismember B0$e owners and make them realise how pathetic their little noise makers are).

B0$e stands for mediocrity,no audiophile will EVER have any respect for these jokes.