Raising budding audiophiles...

I was proud of my kids today.

A real nice guy burned me some Frank Sinatra to try. My 2 channel room transport does not read CD-R.

They took a portabel Sony CD player interconnected it into my Denon receiver I use for a tuner and used the tape out into the Scottie.

They said the Frank was interesting but wanted to hear it on the cool stereo for the full effect.

And it was cool.

Frank was very nice dinner music.

They new I have been trying to find some Frank vinyl to no avail so far.

Tough raising 4 kids but I would not give it up to win the lotto!

Craig,

Just seeing if you were paying attention.

It was a Frank primer cheerfully donated by Craig until i can find some on vinyl.

Mallet,

Thanks for the oofer on the 78s but my wife has not yet adjusted to seeing so many 33.3s yet.

HEHE

Nice story about your kids helping you out.

That's great they are trying to get into it.

I hope they find pleasure in his timeless melodies.

Cheers. :)

It's nice when we can expose our children to good, honest music from the days gone by.

For the last 6 months, I try to spin a different album every morning when the kids and I are having breakfast and getting ready.

Sometimes it jazz, like Herbie Mann, Bird, or Wynton M.

Other days it's classic rock like Styx, Elton John, Frampton, Steely Dan, or SuperTramp.

Either way, it always something different and something classic.

The kids call it my "old fogie" music, but I still catch them tapping along to the beat and moving to the grooves.

Who knows?

Maybe it will help sculpt their appreciation for quality music.

At the very least it's gotta help broaden their musical tastes, if only subconciously.

I do know one thing for certain, there isn't a morning radio program on that is appropriate for kids, so vinyl was a logical solution for me.

Vinyl for breakfast, anyone?

Regards,

John

Corralarry to the theroem:

Sex is God's encouragement to have more children.

Vinyl for breakfast is cool.

I get up real early during the week; but all of the weekend we jam to everything from Allman brothers, and Bach to Silbieus and Neil Young or Zappa.

Ash aged 19; snare, vibes, tymp(all orchestral percussion), flute and a little piano

Matt aged 15; french horn, drum kit(beginner), and a little trumpet

Hill aged 11; trumpet, violin(does not like it) and beginning interest in woodwinds

AJ aged 8; listening to Mettalica and whatever the 19 year old tells him he likes

They had reggae live in a local park we stopped by to listen to for 40 minutes.

AJ was toe tappin; a rastafarian in training.

All the money i spend on their and my musical enjoyment is probably allot less than 90 days in drug rehab. They are not perfect but they are deviants either.

Worth the investment!

Actually when I visited I thought your kids were really well behaves and nice young people. You and your wife have surely done a very good job !!

I especially impressed with Matt burning Disc for me and he seemed generally interested in what we had going on but not to the point to impose himself on are fun. Nice young man

!!

Craig

Flynn,

I was being a little sarcastic.

I take my kids interest in the system as a compliment and a "well done" as a parent. I get great pleasure from the fact that they know the difference between Klipsch & Bose.

I feel as though I did a good job as a parent. They are both deaf...But I did a good job.

They love "Hot Rats" and always request "Machine Gun".

What else could a father ask for?

tc

Terry,

I took it as sarcastic. It was funny.

My brother in law does not call his my wife/his sister "gerbil woman" for nothing.

I like making them

She likes delivering them

We both like raising them

Fufillment of the human experience.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the audio system is in the office/dining room. So everyone gets to hear my music during dinner. Occasionally I catch one of our 5 kids liking the stuff or curious enough to ask what it is.

Budding audiophiles,

My 4 & 8 year old get involved in cleaning albums, they like to look at all the cool album covers. My 4 year old like to lower & raise the needle on the albums. The 8 year old like to critique my system to his freinds dads system. He also likes to find the doubles and asks if he can have them. I let them pick out what album they want to hear. Now on the other hand my 9 year old is like my wife, on occassions he comes down complaining that the music is giving him a headache, guess you can't please them all.

Tom