SVS or Klipsch RSW????

metalmaster

You might just want to compare for yourself. Order an SVS and try it. All it will cost you, if you don't like it, is shipping. SVS also makes a great box subs that is in the same price range as the Klipsch subs.

For me I did the comparision and went with the 20-39 PC+. Awesome power, great for movies and music. Goes low and packs a punch.

Hope this help.

----------------

On 6/13/2003 3:13:33 PM RLG wrote:

You might just want to compare for yourself. Order an SVS and try it. All it will cost you, if you don't like it, is shipping. SVS also makes a great box subs that is in the same price range as the Klipsch subs.

For me I did the comparision and went with the 20-39 PC+. Awesome power, great for movies and music. Goes low and packs a punch.

Hope this help.

----------------

I would get the RSW-15 and try that first.

2.gif

Well as long as it sounds great and p---es off the grumpy b---- next door I'll pick up the rsw15. I definitly should ask NOZ if I could check his svs's out. The thing about ordering the svs is the shipping cost will be extemely high since I live in canada and I don't want to pay 600 bucks for shipping . I will tell my dealer that I'd like to borrow his rsw15 and ask NOZ if I could compare the rsw15 and svs at NOZ's place if he's up for that. I have not yet talked about it to NOZ but plan to. I don't want to impose.

----------------

On 6/13/2003 1:25:00 PM m00n wrote:

Doug, so SVS uses the sonatube material just like the DIY guys eh? Didn't know that. On and are you serious about the concrete? You gotta be joking right?

----------------

The original SVS' may have been standard sonotube(I don't know), but for some time now they've upgraded the tubes. They're a black polymer that's 50% thicker than the original tubing.

----------------

On 6/13/2003 1:49:45 PM Danartdis wrote:

JM,

That is such a killer system. I am guessing with KHorns and dual Ultras no there is no shortage of long sound waves.

Dan

----------------

Dan

Thanks, I like it1.gif

The room was designed for Khorn listening.

Have had a few forum members over to hear it.

So far, no complaints3.gif

JM

Metal,

I owned an RSW10 and it was a great little sub but not enough for the HT. I looked at the prices of the RSW12 and 15 and wasn't impressed with the price jump. I recalled seeing a large nuber of rants and raves and the large tubes of the SVS. For the price I was willing to try one. I contacted SVS and tom helped me all the way thru the purchase. Tom worked with me for about a week trying to bettter tune the RSW 10 to avoid an unnecessary purchse. In the end I purchsed the PC+ 2039 and I was in awe. About 2 weeks later the second one arrived.

The performance is exactly what I wanted, powerful chesting air moving bass. The sound is far from boomy but very solid. Musically I do tend to crank them up a few notches but again the performance is great.

If I had to decide on which I probably would go with the SVS but would opt for a PC+ and RSW15.

Watching U571 I noticed a ruffling in the sound. After frustratingly trouble shooting the problem it was the ceiling tiles in the suspended ceiling. The compression of the 2 PC+ 2039s were literately moving the tiles.

Wither way you will not be disappointed.

In regard to the materials svs users; it seems they go to great measures to ensure "quality". The AVSforum has some excellent post discussing subs and SVS. www.avsforum.com

Scott

Since I had an svs pci and several Klipsch subs here goes.The svs will blend great with your system,you will only know its there when things blow up etc..(did quite well).For music it lacked output imho(not in your face for sure).In music I was always thinking,is that thing on?(maybe I should have got dual ultras)I should say svs is a great co and makes good products,I highly recommend for bang for the buck.With the rsw 12/15 you will never wonder if its on,if its not you'll know.It does a very good job with movies,as good or better than 90% of subs made.It REALLY shines for music and 5.1 concerts.The rsw puts out massive bass,but if you only need sound effects you can save a few bucks.On the other hand,for music you ain't gonna get any better(new) at its street price,retail is a bit high.Last but not least,it compliments any rf's with its looks and sound.

I made my dicision I will go with the RSW15. I know I am going to end up watching more concert dvd's then I will movies for now . Once I get my LCD projector I will grab the svs's. I'd rather have the punch for now. You guys have been a big help along with all the other great threads.

Thanks