ALK networks

AnalOg

Dean,

The clap tests passes better in the basement then my family room, go figure.

We have my kids bday parties down there, total of about 50 adults and children, with music, no problem.

Rick,

I'll give that a try, once I get it all dialed in.

Thankx,

Tom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom ,

sounds like your getting there but still need to play with placement. The folded horn bass should be as tight or tighter than the RF bass. Its probably going to take you weeks to get the placement to its best position. Start playing with the distance from the rear and side walls. Mine are onlt about 10" from the back and 4" from the side walls but they also have a cabinet 4" on the othe side they kind of are in a cubby hole.

Craig

If the floor joist are open, they can play havoc with midrange reflections. Dropping a cieling or at least stuffing insulation up there would probably have more effect than damping the squawker.

Go to Al's site and download the schematic and parts list http://www.alkeng.com/klipsch.html I still think your jumping the gun here. You have to remember you just gained 6 dB in effiency this will bring out every flaw in your system. I thought my system was litterally perfect with my Heresy's and KSW-15 Sub switched to Lascalas and had to start all over again ! I tried Alks and they are indeed nice but will not cure the things that your describing. You can easily modify your existing crossovers to AA without spending a dime.

Craig

I'm refering to the AL network as in what I have now. I'd like to know whats there, so I can Frankenstein it, into the AA network if possible.

I have the speakers positioned as so to have a nice sound stage, I even have nice imaging now. The one thing that leads me to beleive something is not right with the crossovers is, even at about 80 db the lower mids are to hot, as in your face bright. the highs, as in cymbals are almost inaudible. I can say bad recordings sound worse now, these speakers let you know if something is not recorded well. I just feel like the overall balance is not were it should be. I haven't experimented as of yet, but playing cd,s the left channel seems to be stronger than the right. I have to mess with other sources and/or cables to figure out what is causing the inbalance.

Tom