Looking to get new sub KSW-10 is not cutting it these days....

johnf

here are my few choices, Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s 850watts(RMS), Definitive SuperCube I at 1500 watts, a Sunfire Super Junior Subwoofer rated at 1500 watts, or an Earthquake Super Nova MKIV 580 watts, I will be getting rid of this cheesy KSW-10 sub that I am running at the moment, I will be coupling one of those subs with my Klipsh Synergy Quintet micro system, the sound that comes out of these little babies is unreal, anyways, which sub would any of you recomend, I want to make a long term investment, no more cheesy subs for me, thanks again.

I am looking for something that will do both, music "faster response time" and movies slower response time, I want the best of both worlds, will this sub do the job, and what about the models I posted before, are any of them any good, thanks again.

PB2+ will do both just fine and will trounce any of the subs you've mentioned above.

You could also consider some of the dual cyliner model setups SVS offers in your price bracket.

Oh, and of course DIY if you have some basic wood working skills. You could build the equivalent of an SVS PB2+ for well under $1000.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that the SVS subs recommended are significantly larger than those you mentioned... Given your list, I'm guessing size is important to you therefore I think you'll be better severed by those you were already looking into. I have only heard the sunfire in a retail store... so I can't really recommend just one.

The Klipsch RSW15 is intermediate in size, but a good performer. I guess it comes down to what is most important to you?

later...

Rob

yes size is importand, my living room is 15'x30', I don't want to kill the space by one sub, how did the sunfire sound to you, and what do you think about the Velodine series of subs, their high end subs are a bit pricey but how do their medium end subs perform, thanks again.

The Sunfire Signature would with no boubt energise your room,its a very powerful subwoofer.Considering its size its TNT with dual heavy duty pistons.

The Sunfire bests a RSW15 side by side in shake factor!And when you look at them you would think the Sunfire would lose,not so.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 7/6/2003 7:57:56 PM johnf wrote:

here are my few choices, Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s 850watts(RMS), Definitive SuperCube I at 1500 watts, a Sunfire Super Junior Subwoofer rated at 1500 watts, or an Earthquake Super Nova MKIV 580 watts, I will be getting rid of this cheesy KSW-10 sub that I am running at the moment, I will be coupling one of those subs with my Klipsh Synergy Quintet micro system, the sound that comes out of these little babies is unreal, anyways, which sub would any of you recomend, I want to make a long term investment, no more cheesy subs for me, thanks again.

----------------

go with the RF 15....

"get the rf 15"

you mean the rsw-15 dont you?

unfortunately, the rsw-15 costs approximately $1800, unless you buy it online from sounddistributors.com or jandr.com.

for the money, no doubt i would go for the pb2+.... when you can play at dolby reference levels all the way down to 20hz - that is sick.

are you afraid of its musicality - dont. its quick and responsive.

----------------

On 7/24/2003 1:25:03 PM pinipig523 wrote:

"get the rf 15"

you mean the rsw-15 dont you?

unfortunately, the rsw-15 costs approximately $1800, unless you buy it online from sounddistributors.com or jandr.com.

for the money, no doubt i would go for the pb2+.... when you can play at dolby reference levels all the way down to 20hz - that is sick.

are you afraid of its musicality - dont. its quick and responsive.

----------------

yah rsw-15 thats what i mean and i would go with that for the money dont get the pb2+ get the rsw-15 much better (imho klipsh is better at all speakers)

I recommend the new klipsch RW10.

Its tight clean responsive and fast and at a price of 499.00. You might be able to get it a little cheaper. I went to Good Guys, bargained with the guys there and got it for $425.00. Of course I am always there so most of them know me now.

James