30th Anniversary Edition Vinyl-Dark Side of The Moon

rowooo

ok...seems to be working now.

on another 'note'.......I don't think I would allow Gilmor to ever sign my bass, mmmmm, maybe the pickguard, or a napkin or something.............

just kidding 3.gif

Good goin' Tom!

Dean, I almost forgot to mention our Harmonica player, Joe Filisko. He's one of the world's best blues harp players. He won 1st place in international competition a couple of years ago. He's also a harmonica builder. He's kind of reclusive. And to this day I'm not sure why he played us. I didn't think we were all that great. But after we got off the stage at Buddy Guys, I go up to the bar to get a drink & the bartender says "So thats the great Filisko!" And I'm thinking how come everybody knew about this guy except me?

Anyway, we played more of a west coast "jump" blues or swing blues as it is sometimes called. At any rate, the band is no more.

Here's link about Filisko

http://www.bloomington.in.us/~cathi/filisko.htm

That is so extremely cool Artto.

I wouldn't even try to guess what that Fender is going to be worth someday. An unbelievable piece with that signature on there. The pic still will not load, but if you have a pic with you, Waters, and that bass -- oh my.

I spent most of my time being a wanna-be. I was grinding out stuff on my Les Paul in the early 80's that would have had everyone going ape **** now. I listen to some of the stuff that's out there now, and I realize what a genius I really was. 9.gif Ah, delusions of grandeur.

That's sort of cheating saying that Gilmour wasn't an original band member. I mean, he was added after Sid flipped his lid, and much of what we think of as being Pink Floyd, was in fact due to Gilmour's influence. This is ever the more clear when one delves into his solo stuff. Waters didn't really press out until The Wall, and as far as I'm concerned, half of that material is tripe and filler. When I listen to Gilmour's solo stuff, or some later stuff by "Pink Floyd" like Momentary Lapse of Reason -- I hear Pink Floyd. When I listen to Waters' solo work -- I think of the sub-par material on The Wall. I will say that the SACD release of In The Flesh is wonderful, and I've actually gained an appreciation for him as both musician and writer -- it's one of my favorite CD's.

I have the 30th anniversay edition as well as the original Harvest 70's UK edition. The Harvest edition is much better then the 30th Anniversary edition. More detail and sense of space. The 30th edition has had all the life sucked out of it in comparision.

Just my $.02

- tb

Tbabb,

My comparison was to the MOFI. The most striking difference that I found was that the 30th is slightly more dynamic than the MOFI.

From what I have read Doug Sax used the original Dolby A masters with minimal eq'ing. He even brought in his own analog equipment for this project. To quote Steve Hoffman, "No high-frequency limiting was added to the mastering probably for the first time in the history of the album so watch out ribbon tweeter lovers, those bells & whistles really ring out!"

Having never heard the original Harvest I'm curious what you think is missing on the 30th.