LaScala`s in the House!!!!!!!

Doc Robin

hello everyone just wanted to brag a little. I noticed an add in the Little Rock paper under speakers for sale 1 pair of Klipsch LaScala`s black and 1 KV 2 center speaker black. I called and went and looked at them in his garage not very dusty but needed a cleaning. The KV 2 turned out to be a KLF-C7!!!!!! Altogether they will rate a 8 of 10 cosmetically just a few dings and such nothing bad. The LaScala`s were made in 90 and the KLF does not have a date on it. Do any of you think that $650 for all three is too much. I didnt and they are in the HT set up with the Heresy`s as the rear surrond`s. My wife isnt too happy and i am in the DOG HOUSE but she will get over it sooner or later. Any body got any good suggestion`s on how to get back on her good side! We have been married 23+ yrs and i am out of ideas. Thanks Bill

hey Bill,

i recommend you add a REALLY BIG doghouse to the rear of the main house, say about 22x 30 feet, with room enough to let your Scalas BREATH!

I remember using two pairs of the industrial (split cab fibreglass with metal edge) LaScalas back in the 80's for travelling disco/DJ shows! They KICKED!

Michael

How do you get out of the doghouse with the wife?

Rent "Moulin Rouge" and watch this in the theater. Seriously. The rest is up to you9.gif

If this doesn't work, then you go to "the well". Go to the Klipsch product page and show her how much those scalas really cost, then show a Charlton Heston/NRA "cold dead hands" video clip (as in "you will have to pry the Klipsch from my cold, dead hands"). That should give her the message1.gif

Here's the ultimate financial paradox of being married, at least in my house (27+years). When a wife complains about spending a heap of money on something such as audio/video equipment, she's not complaining so much about spending the money. The real complaint is that it wasn't spent on HER! In my house, the best remedy for a complaint about how much money I spent is actually to spend MORE. That's right, only this time spend it on her. YMMV2.gif

Bill,

Titanic won't work. It's still related to YOUR hobby. Jewelry usually works. If not, plan a weekend away or something like that. I've been married about as long and it's very difficult to figure out what's going to work even after all these years. But yes, the trick is getting her to enjoy the system. Ask for her opinion on speaker placement, etc. so she feels as if she is part of the planning process. Ask if new curtains in the room would blend better or maybe a new sofa. We just spent a TON on a leather sofa for the music/HT room and that helped ease some of the 299b issues. Good luck and congrats on your find.

My wife (bless her) is amazing. One day she mentioned that as soon as our youngest(of five) children was as tall as the speakers I wanted I could have them. I immediatly measured Vance and found him to be about 36" tall. Just taller than a Cornwall. Oddly enough a pair appeared in the paper about 2 weeks later. I went to look and bought them. Dragging them into the house my wife just stared at them. However when I got home from work that day she had completely rearranged the living room hiding the CW's in plain sight. What a woman.