So, 60% off Klipsch at Best Buy (brother), probably getting some...

kenratboy

...SB-1's and a SC.5 to start (hanging surrounds would be a PITA, but we will eventually) and MAYBE a KSW-12.

This is used >95% of the time for satellite TV, so >95% of the time is stereo. The other stuff is movies, and when we watch movies, we are not hitting 100 db., so output isn't a concern.

This is going to be sweet. We have some $10 KLH speakers there now, so this will be nice.

SB-1 = $250/pr. - 60% off = $100/pr.

SC.5 = $180/ea. - 60% off = $72/ea.

KSW-12 = $500/ea. - 60% off = $200/ea.

Geez, might as well be stolen for that price 6.gif

----------------

On 7/23/2003 6:07:07 PM Bill H. wrote:

My nearest best buy is 75 miles away. Website won't let you down load to the Cart feature,or purchase on line. to see what the actual price is for Klipsch. You have to visit a store............grr............
----------------

You obviously haven't checked the site lately. Everything is priced now. http://www.bestbuy.com

----------------

On 7/23/2003 9:48:37 PM andre-k wrote:

are you an employee of best buy kenratboy? couldnt really understand your post
----------------

My brother is. Our HT downstairs (family room, where we spend ALL our time) is lacking in the audio department, so this will fix it 2.gif

----------------

On 7/23/2003 5:23:42 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

If everything is 60% off... why stop at SB-1's?! I mean, with the 60% off, then you can get SB-3's for the normal price of the SB-1's probably.
1.gif
----------------

There is no need for big speakers, this is not a LOUD system and the speakers have to go on top of the AV unit, so smaller is better, and trust me, they will be plenty loud.

----------------

On 7/24/2003 9:34:53 AM easylistener wrote:

----------------

On 7/24/2003 8:49:30 AM muffinhead wrote:

I don't get it. The price that I see for SB-1s is $249.98. I don't see any 60% off pricing at all.

----------------

You have to be an employee. Lets read the post.

----------------

Yup.

The sad thing is Klipsch is still making money at that price 6.gif - only 20 days until the discount kicks in.

A) You can get in trouble for sharing employee pricing or posting around like this.

B) You don't have to wait 30 days for accomdation deals.

C)Its not really 60% off if you do the math. Some stuff is 50%, some is more than 60%.

D) The wharfdale and JBL accomdation are VERY nice. I'm probably going to get some JBLs, as they offer all their speakers, not just the bottom of the line stuff. So you can get some higher end JBLs that easily outperform the Synergy series, for a great price.

----------------

On 7/24/2003 1:15:04 PM Unreal wrote:

A) You can get in trouble for sharing employee pricing or posting around like this.

B)
You don't have to wait 30 days for accomdation deals.

C)Its not really 60% off if you do the math. Some stuff is 50%, some is more than 60%.

D) The wharfdale and JBL accomdation are VERY nice. I'm probably going to get some JBLs, as they offer all their speakers, not just the bottom of the line stuff. So you can get some higher end JBLs that easily outperform the Synergy series, for a great price. ----------------

I didn't get the %-off info, someone else on this forum gave it to me. However, I heed the warning.

Tell me more about 'D' Could I get this: http://www.jbl.com/home/products/series.asp?SerId=PER