Additional Reason to Sell

dodger

Greetings:

With regards to the selling of my McIntosh 30s and Chorus IIs.

Due to the 50,000 to 55,000 gallon gas spill within 800 - 1000 feet of my house of 25 years, though I have City water to drink, the groundwater is contaminated, 5 houses to the left of me are contaminated and about 12 houses across the street are contaminated.

I have to hire an Environmental Attorney and probably be forced to move. Spill happens early April, we find out about it mid June. I've served legal papers for years love the research, but with the number of different stories, including health issues as they relate, I'm burned out.

Win

----------------

On 7/24/2003 3:58:53 PM dodger wrote:

Greetings:

With regards to the selling of my McIntosh 30s and Chorus IIs.

Due to the 50,000 to 55,000 gallon gas spill within 800 - 1000 feet of my house of 25 years, though I have City water to drink, the groundwater is contaminated, 5 houses to the left of me are contaminated and about 12 houses across the street are contaminated.

I have to hire an Environmental Attorney and probably be forced to move. Spill happens early April, we find out about it mid June. I've served legal papers for years love the research, but with the number of different stories, including health issues as they relate, I'm burned out.

Win

----------------

Hello:

Please note, this is not a pity sale. I have more than enough equipment as you can see.

I'm going to thin out in anticipation of moving and let others enjoy. No equipment to re-sellers. FORUM MEMBERS only for private use.

I have 2 meetings regarding the "spill" to night, I will start emailing back tomorrow, so please do not think I'm ignoring you.

Craig (NOSVALVES): email me if you still want the 4 tubes we talked about a looooooong time ago. Sockets no prob. Email a ballpark price for re-capping MC 60s, bring to spec.

Thanks for everybody's support through surgeries, lost time and now this mess.

Thanks Family,

Win

Well you could give me the MC30's for recapping the 60's 9.gif

Do you have a schematic I'll need it to price out the caps and also what type a caps do you want installed Auricaps ? We can work something out for the tubes and the sockets for recapping the amp.

Craig

Win,

Man, that's ALOT of gasoline to be spilled. Sorry to hear that you will have to deal with that, moving and more.

That's kind of you to offer these pieces of your system to the forum. Wish I was more in the market, and I sure have been interested to hear the Chorus. 3.gif Their condition would be better than a demo straight out of the store.

Anyway, noticed your post on Heresy binding posts. Did you get some delivered? I've just upgraded a pair and have the originals lying around as spares, if you could still use them. Just let me know.

Regards,

Dee

----------------

On 7/24/2003 4:42:12 PM Geo1 wrote:

dodger: I have family in Spencerport and Fairport. Where are you? Where was this spill? I haven't heard anything about it. Just curious.

----------------

Hello:

The spill has been kept very quiet. Other than a vague story in the morning newspaper about "South West neighbors concerned about spill," and the meeting at the Airport Holiday Inn, there's been zero publicity. Our lousy mayor hasn't even been over - I've called several times.

I live near the Airport in the 19th Ward in the City of Rochester. Pittsford and Fairport are twenty minutes away via 55 mph expressway. Your relatives are definitely safe and away from the "problem."

If you've ever flown in, there are numerous white storage tanks. Gasoline, jet fuel, kerosene, etc..

The largest tank by me out of about 9, is a 1.2 million Premium gasoline storage tank. It's one of 4 or 5 that feed the loading rack for the tank trucks to come in and get filled for distribution to stations, and 800 - 1000 feet from my house, I can stand in my driveway and look at massive white tank.

The pipes feeding it and feeding the loading bay were underground. Since this happened, they are installing above ground pipes.

As I said the "release: as they call it took place in early April. Reported April 12. In June, we noticed a lot of aactivity around a containment well on the street. They pumped 700 gallons of "contaminated" sludge (per the pipeline owner's Environmental person.) A Rep from the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation told me it was "just rusty water."

There was the meeting as stated at the Holiday Inn. Owners of the pipeline's Environmental section, their P.R./Lawyer person, NY State Department of Health, Monroe County Health Deartment Head and two other County Health Reps, State and the Company Geologists, Head of the Company Clean - up (hired for clean -up) and the City Fire Department Fire Marshal were present, among others and residents affected. That made the news - T.V., Radio, and print for two days.

Note: The City Fire Department was never informed until my Councilman received my call that the Mayor and Deputy Mayor ignored. When my Councilman received my message I had two Lts. from the Fire Marshal's Office at my door within ten minutes.

The Company received two tickets and were found guilty for not reporting it to the City Fire Department and fined.

But the County and State people never notified the City either. So the progression of the "release - it took place mostly at one time - was in gallons:, 300, 400, 200, 1500, 10,000, 20,000, 40,000 and now 50 to 55,000 gallons. I signed an Access Agreement for the testing/monitoring well when the Company Rep came by to tell me the house next door's well tested positive for contamination.

Two days later I ssaid somethingg to my neighbor and found out he had not been told, i did the informing. Talk about feeling guilty.

So, with full disclosure of any defects in, on or around your proprty, the value of my house took one heck of a nose-dive.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I've found out so much more in mess-ups, no information, mis- information etc, it isn't funny,

And I always thought a plane would hit it if anything. At least it would be quick and we'd know what happened.

Win dodger

Win,

sorry to read about the spill (last night I was too tired to notice the details clearly, sorry). It's really frustrating how so-called representatives of the people treat those they are meant to 'serve'. In our country (but I suppose it's true everywhere!) many people are so annoyed with all those pieces of misinformation, lying, trying to be clever etc. that they consider not to vote again in upcoming elections (myself included). Great as the system of representative government is, it's time to show that those 'in power' cannot do whatever they want and perhaps boycotting might be a first step.

Sorry, but I had to voice my anger, frustation etc.

BTW: Did you get my mail?

Wolfram

Hi Dodger, I'm close enough to you that we get Fox on satellite from Rochester.

What about a little whistle blowing. Maybe calling the local press or even bringing in the big time investigative crews like 20/20, 60 minutes or Dateline - even Greenpeace?

Sometimes even the spectre of them looming on the horizon will get the fires burning under these buck passing fat cats that are more interested in their public profile than making a stand on an honest issue.

An other thought ( I don't know how far you are on this ) might be in forming a proactive group with others in the same predicament, as there's more strength in common voices.

Anyway, I understand your concerns for home and family on this and wish you well. Take care. Hamish

----------------

On 7/25/2003 8:14:50 AM sunnysal wrote:

I though the MC30s used 1614s as outputs, and the MC40s used the 6L6s...? no? or have these benn modded? how much are you asking for these fine amps roger? thanks, tony

----------------

Greetings:

You are correct. They originally called for 1614s (have them also), but have been running fine with 6L6GCs.

I originally bought them from a tube company.

Price will be depent on what tubes, NOS, new production or no tubes.

E me.

Win dodger

Greetings:

From all that I know, to change from a 6l5gc to others, some modification is needed. Though McIntosh amplifiers are self biasing, going with tubes putting out more than the 6L6gcs would require modifications. This is per my area McIntosh dealer/repair center.

I am a lover of the Genalex tubes, if you can find Genalex ECC83s that would definitely make a diiference.

Win dodger