Klipsch Academy, 150 dollars it is yours..

IndyKlipschFan

Don't burst my bubble Jim! Although you're probably right. I sent the seller an e-mail after I wiped the drool off of the keyboard.

I think it would match my Corn's well when I get them rebuilt. I still need crossovers and mid-horns for them.

Even though I have a Forte center channel, I find myself instinctively almost whipping off inquiries to sellers of these things or almost hitting "SUBMIT" on Ebay. Whassup widat? I guess I still can't get the fever out of my blood! DON'T NEED ACADEMY. MUST NOT BUY. HAVE WIFE AND FAMILY. (said in my best Williiam Shatner imitation)

Well- I had a deal with the seller, but so many people hit him with a barrage of mail ( including many names that I recognize from this forum) that he reneged and changed it to an auction. Oh well, I suppose someone here will enjoy the speaker and he will enjoy the proceeds. (Palms up, head shaking....)

• Like 1

I,too, e-mailed the guy and said I would take it. Didn't really believe there was a chance but what the heck. Now not sure if another forte II or a quartet wouldn't work just as well. Why were/are you tempted dougdrake? Maybe we should all take a guess what this thing goes for. Best wait for the picture.

Boomac - Another Forte II wouldn't work just as well, IMO. It would blow the doors off the Academy!! If you can make it fit, go for it. That's why I don't bother going after these Academies any more. It's just ingrained in me, though, because I was on such a feverish hunt for one a while back, before I bought my Forte center from Lucky Leeroy!!

Doug

Boomac,

Even though I got mine, I emailed him also. Hoping one of us could get it for you. Haven't heard back either. Mine is great with movies but you can tell it lacks the depth with music DVDs. If you can fit a full size and like the way the voice sounds with movies, go for it. I listen mostly to 2-channel so my academy is perfect for me.

Hey, didn't he change the description too? I thought he said it was in better condition, not even broken in. There wasn't any mention of nicks, etc. was there? No suprise he went to auction but that, my friends, is called reneging on a deal if an agreement was reached to sell.

Well, since the deal was not honored and the dealer was not honorable, I'm moving away from that acadamy and on to the consideration of the wise alternative posted here. Anyone here interested in finding and splitting a pair of quartets? Without the riser (or base) they are only 28 inches tall, (less than 5 inches longer than an acadamy).

• Like 1

Good Day:

On something close to what I've done to two (2) people on the Forum, he did change his mind.

I received an email that was addressed to about twenty (20) plus people informing of going to an auction. Then I received a 2911k email with photos.

I emailed as to why and stated I felt that greed was part of the change.

He stated that he had received more than 35 offers above the asking price and an auction was the only fair way.

As for greed, he said this was all a pain in the a** and not to bid.

Win dodger

Greetings:

I did not want the speaker, I was helping a good friend.

I did email AudiogoN and ask if changing from a stated classified ad to an Auction due to so many responses, that he "wanted to make it fair" was acceptable and within AudiogoN Seller guidelines.

I received an email from service@AudiogoN.com that "it is not acceptable practice."

AudiogoN wanted me to forward the email I received, the user name and numbers for the classified and the auction.

For those that the Seller accepted their offer you can choose service@AudiogoN.com or disputes@Audiogon.com. and complain.

Dean, I apologize for not buying the crossovers. You made me a fair deal. I did not get the RF7s, and as time went by it became more embarassing to contact you, then knee surgeries took precedence.

Leok, I also apologize for not buying the McIntosh Amplifier. That was emabarassment and knee surgeries and surgery costs that prevented me from buying.

Yes to both, I should have emailed, as time went on and surgeries came, I went to a one track mind.

To both I apologize, I should have done better.

The post about Sellers Etiquette referred to this change to Auction. If it is a pain in the a**, yes pick the first email and get it over with.

Now he has to wonder and worry about how much it will come to at the end and how much longer he will have to deal with it. But I guess he feels that's easier.

Win dodger

Win dodger