K-HORNS FOR SALE; MINT +

dodger

Greetings:

I stopped in at another stereo store in the area of my dentist's office.

Sitting there: Oiled walnut Klipsch Horns, the wood is perfect, vintage 19989 - 1992. Electronics perfect.

Price $1200.00

I asked if I were to post them on the Forum would they better the price (as I have done custom installs, I know the owner), he said he would go $1000.00 and buyer pick up.

If I had the money I WOULD buy them and I don't buy junk.

1 (585) 264-0410, ask for Andrew or Gary, mention Win or dodger for the lower price.

I looked them over, listened and was extremely pleased. Normally, I would never mention others equipment for sale, and especially a Store. But SoundWorks has an excellent reputation and these are so perfect, I wanted the Forum to have a chance.

Good Luck - they want a good home.

Win dodger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I'm waiting to hear back from my buddy on these and there is a chance that he may balk.

If this should happen, is there anybody within driving distance of Rochester, NY, that would be interested in these? I've got a hold on them right now ("SOLD") and could cut the deal over to you if mine falls through.

This will probably get wrapped up this afternoon so let me know by posting below.

Thanks again, Win.

PS: Matched pair, SN's 16U639, 16U640 (1980 by my table). Model numbers he couldn't find but it sounds like they're KBWO.

Indeed. The World needs more friends like ole Chris Robinson. I have always wanted to try out KHorns but they would be like altars in my apartment! I just dont think I have a room quite big enough for the beasts, even though it's tempting. Coming back from Italy, I feel the wind in my face and the remembrance of those great days in college with $200 to my name. Heh...

I feel like Stuart Smalley....

kh

Kelly, easy payment plans available :)

I think you had close-field issues or corner problems, right? I know that they sit further into the corners than the Cornwalls do.

I'm trying to track down my buddy now ... probably up on somebody's roof or knocking down trees.

Anybody interested?? I'd hate to release these to the GENERAL PUBLIC ...

Sadly yes. Actually, Al Franken's book as Stuart Smilley actually has quite a few laugh out loud moments (some great excerpts via Amazon with first 24 pages worth a read). I was reminded of him seeing the Fox News lawsuit against Franken's new book lampooning that very station. I wont go there since ye olde Forum probably has a lot of Fox News proponents. Ironically enough, the suit will probably be the best promotional tool that ole Al could hope for!

To show the depths of my sickness, I just measured the corners again...

kh

----------------

On 8/12/2003 12:16:43 PM wrench_peddler wrote:

I am interested. Any guess what shipping to North Louisiana would run?

----------------

Sadly, these are for pick-up only. He can't/won't ship them ...

I can drive to Rochester ... All 8 hours of it, 8 back. I'll need a buddy to share the driving and scenic cow pastures. I'll have to make a sales call or two while out there :)

----------------

On 8/12/2003 12:40:42 PM tbabb wrote:

Kelly,

Your not truly sick until you have contemplated making false corners.... ;-)

tb

----------------

Tim, how about you? It's about the same driving time for you over to Rochester.

FWIW, I rented a minivan for one day ($60) and did an easy roundtrip to Syracuse for my Klipschorn. Long day but nothing a few scotches couldn't fix at the end of the day.

MI, OH, WVA, KY are all inside of a very do-able driving circle.

If I built false corners, the KHorns would be sitting in my lap. I barely have 8.5 ft of distance between CW front and my skull and that is cutting it a bit close; then again, I have always been a more near-field type of guy, relatively speaking. Not as extreme as ole Tbabb but nothing like 11-15ft of some. Then again, getting too near thy horns is a recipe for disaster, depending on electronics, music, and brain damage.

I have not ruled them out but will surely be vexed by the typical decision by indecision quagmire that plagues me. Someone will surely snap them up before Action from this end...

kh