K-HORNS FOR SALE; MINT +

dodger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pal Doug finally called in from underneath a pile of New England rocks that will soon be someone's rock wall.

He said, WTF, he'll take them. Good excuse for a road trip (more than half the fun ... Lots of bonding time).

Jeff Lessard expressed an interest too if Doug has a change of heart.

Thanks Win ... Send me your address; we need to know where to send your commission!

Greetings:

I apologize for the waterspot, I did not have my bi-focals on.

They did look great and I wish that I could have afforded them.

At least they are going to a good home.

The funny thing is we have the PGA in town and this is over by Oak Hill area, so that traffic helped make the decision to stop.

Chris if you could e me please, somehow I lost your e mail address.

I can meet you over at the store if you want. All commissions are going to the Win SET amplifier fund.

I am truly glad they are going to someone on the Forum. And Gary, I'm sorry - I didin't know you wanted K-Horns - let's see a Toyota pickup, one in the box of the truck, the other on the cap, yeah, yeah that's the TICKET. But you can bet Gary, if I spot another pair as a token of your depreciation (LOL) the 240 is MINE all mine.

And Guy you're within an hour of here? PI me or e me about checking equipment and meeting sometime.

Thank you all for a distraction from the gas here - do you think BEANO might work? LOL

Win dodger

Greetings Again:

The store is not far from Route 490, so you have an easy way in and out.

There is a grocery store called wegman's - you have to stop there, the subs, chicken ceasar sal or chinese are great. The store is about the size of a mall - dry cleaners, bank, restaraunt, bakery, flower shop, oh yeah, groceries too.

The store is on Monroe Ave., Route 31 off the expressway.

Congratulations.

Win dodger and I really would have bought them.

Kelly, welcome if you need a friend in NYPD, let me know.

----------------

On 8/12/2003 3:11:30 PM dodger wrote:

There is a grocery store called wegman's - you have to stop there, the subs, chicken ceasar sal or chinese are great.

----------------

Win, I love Wegman's ... great store. Every time I'm in NY state on biz, that's my favorite stop.

We'll probably be coming out on Monday, leaving 5 am from Boston. Figure 2 pm arrival. Would love to meet you and buy you a late lunch.

Thanks again for the tip. We're already planning the Horus/Pantheon build.

Sorry to those locals who missed out on this. I feel badly but kept waiting for someone to chime in and take these for their own. My AmEx card would have been happy to help you.

Chris,

What a great road trip!I told a buddy who came in while I was reading this thread that there would be drool all over every Forum monitor at the thought of Khorns for a grand.I was bummed when I saw they lived in N.Y. The thought of Khorns at four corners & my LaS at center for HT & multichannel was too good to come true,especially since I'm going SET for 2ch soon.It probably saved me a heart attack.H#ll,I might have passed out if they had been in Arkansas.

SSH1.gif

Chris,

Good of you to get these K-horns a good home-I'm sure your friend will be truely impressed.

I would have loved to go on a "roadtrip" with you to NY but I really have a full plate with the propspect of a new job (for the Commonwealth no-less) and a host of other things lately.

My credit card is also hurtin' as of late-I'll post Pics of my new purchases in the following weeks.

Jeff

----------------

On 8/12/2003 8:14:10 PM JCturboT wrote:

I would have loved to go on a "roadtrip" with you to NY but I really have a full plate with the propspect of a new job (for the Commonwealth no-less) and a host of other things lately.

----------------

Wow, sounds like things are happening ... Good luck on that front!

Give me a call sometime soon. We should get together and catch up. Really!

----------------

On 8/12/2003 8:32:23 PM jhawk92 wrote:

Gary-

Good for you. Sounds like you may eventually snag a pair then. Wonder what you would sell?? Bet the Scott will stay. Hmmm, any Mac gear headed for the forum??
2.gif

----------------

Yes Rob. It would be the macs. But then I'd have to find another amp for the khorns. Another scott maybe? The kenwood would fill in nicely until I found something else. That is of course when I find another pair of mint $1k khorns which could be never.8.gif

I envy you people living so close together (relatively speaking) that you can actually meet. Somehow one feels a bit 'isolated' as a non-US forum member. But that's life. It's amazing how friendly/supportive people are who share the same hobby (albeit with different tastes LOL) - if only this could be extended to other section of life as well, surely the world might be a better place. No deep thoughts but I just had to say that.

Wolfram