A Simple Circuit

Deang

Nice looking amp !! I kind of figured it would be a circuit board design but if designed right that isn't a negative at all and from what Mark Deneen had to say about Bruce I would say there isn't much to worry about there. Them Blue caps don't bother me as long as there not sitting on top of the freaking chassis 2.gif

AC balance !!!!!! Who the hell needs that ask Ryan its useless 2.gif

Craig

Last look at the bottom.

His thing is using tubes as power supply decouplers and voltage stabilizers. I guess he was the first to do it. Of course -- I have no idea what that means exactly.1.gif

So, does power corrupt? Yeah, it sure does -- but not in the way that some of you might be thinking.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=28049&

post-3205-13819248801886_thumb.jpg

Well Dean, you certainly have come full circle in your journey for amplification. It's been fun to watch from a distance. It will be interesting to see what you think of the Dual 70 in comparison although you have to admit, you have loved every step you have taken the first few months, only later to find problems. I suspect the power of this unit will be VERY addictive and predict fun n guns for awhile. I always remember fondly the joys of firing up heavy duty gear like this, putting it through its paces with some of the most challenging material. Those caps are about equal in size to the ones I had in my B&K M200 Monoblocks, and the circuit looks more complex as well. Then again, complexity isnt always a bad thing per say. I have heard nothing but good things about many of Bruce's products and have heard a few of the older ones in person. Seems running out of steam is not going to be a problem. The only problem I have had with the bigger amps of this nature is in the subtlty department and some seem to sound more mechanical and like "amplifiers." I will be interested to hear what you think on a variety of material and listening conditions.

Know youre excited regardless - there is nothing like the fun of getting something new like this in the house - I havent felt this buzz in awhile and even I am getting the itch!

kh

Ryan, just jumped on your site - you have a series of broken links for the images. I also just wanted to add that you could actually avoid all the popup windows, advertisements, and download quagmire of a place like Fortune City by just posting your entire site on your AOL space. You have over 10MB of space via AOL that is FREE to use since you are a member thereby making a valid alternative to popup/Ad hell. Many members of AOL dont even utilize this space, space that is included with your $23 monthly payment. And 10mb could hold your site x 5.

kh

Hey Ryan

You know what that 100Ma meter is not shunting a sensing resistor its INSERTED INTO THE CIRCUIT !!! The designer of this amp is Mark Deneen's X partner in crime and I can garrantee you he would not use a MA meter in Parallel with a resistor thinking its a total shunt.

Craig