Any of you Harly riders rolling into Milw?

j-malotky

The last time I posted this it turned into a Motercycle debate!

But seriously, if any of you are Harley riders and comming to Milwaukee for the 100th anyversary and would like to take a break from riding and get a KLIPSCH fix since you are away from your systems Just drop me an email.

I live in the Holy Hill area, some of the best scenic riding areas close to Milwaukee.

JM

----------------

On 8/20/2003 12:27:59 AM davmar wrote:

Off topic, j-malotky, but I have to ask you about your avatar, is that the blue angels, and did you take the shot?

----------------

It's a stock pic I got off the Blue angles web site.

So, none of you are riding into Milwuakee? I thought we would have maybe 2-3 from this big group of nuts2.gif

On the 90th and the 95th, it was amazing. The week before people roll in from all over. I have never seen so many motercycles. At every stop light you see maybe 30-40 bikes mixed in with the cars. The freeways are 50% motercycles. The corner taverns have bikes parked all the way around the block. My digital camera is broke, but I'll try to post some pics after.

Maybe I'll do a flyover the city that weekend and take some pics.

JM

I have a couple of friends going there. One's a Harley rider the others on a RoyalStar Silverado. The metric bikes are becoming more popular and I know a few Harley riders that have joined the fold. Also know a few Yamaha riders that chose to spend a few more dollars on the Harley's. If you ride, you're OK with me. My little icon doesn't do my bike justice so I thought I would show a pic.

post-3905-13819248815776_thumb.jpg

Nice bike pics!

One more week and we here in Milwaukee will be surrounded in bikes from Horizon to Horizon as far as the eye can see.

On another note, I live down the road from the Boss Hoss motercycle factory. They had there doors open the other night with some WILD totally custom choppers sitting on the loading docs. Kind of like the ones you see at OCC on American Chopper. Long rakes, big fat back wheels. Lots of chrome, custom rims and paint. Strange, Did not see any of the chevy V8's they are famous for, most were V-twins and one even looked like an old Triumph engine. Nice choppers, could not see driving one very far down the highway!

JM

I would have loved to go.

Might still catch a ride with a group of friends, but riding it is not gonna happen.

(i'm on rice...:)

As far as getting a Klipsch fix...

That's a great offer.

Here's a cool story of a recent Klipsch fix I had....

I was at an Easy Rider Rodeo event last weekend in Fowlerville, MI.

It was day 2 of a 3 day event, when I was starting to get sick of listening to our camps' 15" $50 Jensens.

We call 'em our "disposables"

Eh...what ya gonna do?

Anyway,

I was minding my own business, sitting by the roadside watching all the "interesting sites" when a sound caught my ear.

It was AC/DCs "Hells Bells" rocking off in the distance.

It appeared to be getting closer.

Like a kid waiting for the icecream man, I got impatient.

I set my beer down and stood up to see a large golf cart pulling an 8' trailer.

On the trailer was a full size couch, a keg of beer, a bunch of topless ladies (w/their old men, of course).

And strapped to the side of the golf cart were two pro Klipsch 18" monitors.

Wow.

I was floored.

I Kicked over my beer.

Stepped in the fire.

Just 'bout pissed myself.

It was wonderful.

Talk about a Klipsch fix.

You should have heard me hollering.

"Oh Hell Yeah", "Klipsch forever".

LOL

It was quite a site.

After about an hour and three beers later, the same guy came by, again.

This time I wasn't gonna let him get away.

I had to talk to him about his Klipsch.

So I hopped on my bike and tracked him down.

Turns out, the man not only loves his Klipsch but he's a fellow forum member.

What a trip.1.gif

Good to see a fellow Klipscher out in the wild..LOL.

The neighborhood I grew up in was a bit on the rowdy side. The head of the biggest local bike gang (Iron Horsemen)lived down the street a block or two. They lived right next to the Catholic elementary school I went to so I had to walk in front of their house about every day. I only had one real run in with them and it was when I was about 12 years old. I was riding my skateboard (I was well known for riding that thing(s))and their Pit Bull (named Mad Dog)took offence to my existance. He didn't bite me but he did just up on my arm as if he was reaching for my neck. He never got hold of me but he did manage to gouge one of his claw in my arm to where I have now a perminent scar. It looks o.k., just like a TB test scar. Having them so close to school and them having their annual get together at Bear's house (the leader) prooved interesting every year at the church festivals. Wasn't nearly as bad as in "Death Wish 3".

Christ the motercycles around Milw are like flys on you know what.

On the way home from work today I finally just turned off my car sterio, could not hear it over all the bike noise. I think I'll take my DB meter out tomarrow. With 20-40 harleys at each light I bet the average DBs are 100-105 at idle and 110-115 at Green.

There are WAY more bikes out than the 90 or 95th anny.

JM