Next Klipsch speaker purchase

TheEAR

Its decided my next Klipsch purchase will be a gorgeous pair or spanking new Klipsch K-Horns.Yes sir Heritage Klipsch,the spirit of Klipsch at home.

The only clear way up from the RF7's are the legendary K-Horns.At almost 10 garnd Canadian these are nor cheap but I feel like moving my Audio Research preamp and buying a CJ or Audio Research tube power amp.

Soon my smile will be larger than this smiley 9.gif

I prepared a nice room for them and two corners ready to hug the K-Horns.The wait will last a few months but I can survive on my Dynaudio and Klipsch R diet.1.gif

So you're spending the $7500 instead of going used? What finish? I just saw a pair of 2002 light oak khorns and they were certainly very nice looking. What are your choices? Oak, Cherry, Mahogany and Walnut? Oiled or laquered? Inquiring minds..... Which of your many subs will be complimenting them?

Wow Ear, I'm very happy for you that you've decided to get some new KHorns! Are you going to keep your Dyn's? Have you decided on a finish for them yet? Hope you're wait isn't too bad and all goes well. I'm sure you're making a good choice for your system and yourself! See, it's not hard to be happy for another person when they decide to change gear....

there, got that out of my system...good call Ear, you're gonna love em'11.gif

Damn, EARdude...you're gonna go with brand-spankin' new Klipschorns, eh? Good for you, you certainly won't be disappointed! I fell in love with Khorns the first time I heard 2 pairs of 'em (in oiled walnut) powered by 2 Carver M-500t power amps back in '80...way too much wattage, but oh, what sweet sounds nonetheless, especially in the "huge" musicroom they were installed in (one in each corner).

Are you gonna go tubes with these beauties, or use a subwoofer with them? If it was me (and it ain't, dammit), I'd respond with a "yes" and a "no" to both questions respectably. SET loves Khorns, especially some big ol' bottlehead 300B valves...WOW!

You can buy me a pair if you want...12.gif

Klipschers I am going with cherry finished K-Horns,as for the wait...I can survive.1.gif

Yes I am going to get spanking brand new K-Horns,no moldy cheese 2.gif I dont like some creep undressing my K-Horns and then I buy them to find they are no longer...untouched!6.gif

As to what sub will complement these,little doubt here,it will be the SVS B4-Plus or the Acoustic Visions Everest,either way driven by a Bryston 14B(sub that is).Mighty K-Horns deserve a sub to match.

I can almost taste the two channel goodness,and yes maybe one day I will build a sourround system around them like I did with my Dynes and RF7's.

"You must not be married. That or you have ONE SERIOUSLY COOL WIFE or parnter"

No not married,for now.But a man needs to fond his woman one day and live the rest of his days happy so that will not last.Compromise is part of life,a good wife is better then any audio in the long run.And I right or what? 1.gif

Ear: you dog! I am so envious... congratulations and yes a wife and family are significant upgrades in the enjoyment of life. But this audio upgrade, what happened to the eidolon, the b&w? Khorns are my next step up from La scalas, 2 years maybe...

Edit: oh yeah, let me know when you have a garage sale!

Well I never said I axed the Eidolon Diamond purchase,the Eidolon will join the Dyanudio Contour 3.3 in my main rig.But this a year and a half project as I will another big solid state to drive rhem as well as the Hovland tube preamp.

Big things are shaping up,my small Klipsch R/RSW system in the small room is competed now.I can move to bigger and better things.Life is tough,money comes in and goes out.At least I am good for the audio industry 1.gif