KLIPSCH AT TARGET!!!!

dtximages

Oh man... The dead horse rises from the grave.

clspruiell, to be honest with you, this subject has been beaten and beaten over and over here. Just do a search on Best Buy... There are those that feel as you do, then there are those that say hey, gets the klipsch name out there and gets them more recognition.

One thing to try and keep in mind... "The proof is in the pudding". If people doubt your speakers, all you have to do is prove them wrong.

You also have to keep in mind that Klipsch has MANY different speakers. PC Speakers, low end audio, theater speakers on up to high end and very elite speakers as the heritage... Belive me, people who know audio know that Klipsch makes great stuff. The people who don't know klipsch, well.... You can help by spreading the good word my friend. 2.gif

First of all, it was not a pro media sub. I believe it was a ksw 12. i didnt look long. and as far as recognition goes, im not interested in getting klipsch recognition at the cost of cheapening the products/branding. I would love for my girlfriend to get recognition too, but im not gonna put her out on the open market for everyone to have a try at.

----------------

On 9/4/2003 10:24:54 AM clspruiell wrote:

Also, I am well aware of the Best Buy threads, but TARGET!!!!!!?????!!!!!

----------------

Yeah... I see your point and I am sure many others do too... But whatcha gonna do?

Oh and I say, put your girlfriend out there.

9.gif2.gif

hey u knwo what?? im the biggest idiot. i didnt see klipsch at target. IT WAS SEARS!!!! Sorry everybody!! However, sears isnt much better. And it was not the pro media.

Moon, yall would love my girlfriend cuz she loves Klipsch and she loves my La Scalas. Shes the greatest isnt she?

Non-sense. After talking with some friends in the market and business Klipsch is prepping themselves for the next generation of baby boomers. They are getting their name in stores where the average consumer shops and where a large majority of college goers take their parents to buy electronics.

If you think Klipsch is so exclusive to "high end" audio take a look at the Harmon group

Here are some of the companies under their umbrella;

Lexicon

Crown International

Mark Levinson

JBL

JBL pro

Revel

DBX

Harmon Kardon

Infinity

Wait a second I have see JBL and Infinity in Best Buy, Sears and other lower end stores , H/K in circuit city.

So if I walk into Circuit City I can buy a H/K receiver is it going to be the same quality as a Lexicon or is the JBL at best buy just as good as the Infinity Kappa 600. Hell no but not everyone is willing or able to pay for the Kappa.

I am happy to see the Klipsch name out there, it can only mean good things for them and for future audiophiles

----------------

On 9/4/2003 8:37:51 AM clspruiell wrote:

Its really hard to brag about my Target / best buy speakers.

----------------

I'm with ya all the way! It's really hard to brag about my dinged up ebay purchases (1 pair Heresys and 2 pair Cornwall ). Until I turn 'em on, that is, then nobody cares where they came from.

----------------

On 9/4/2003 11:23:03 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Sears has the pro media setup I think with Samsung....It is not bad.. I am still glad our name is getting around...

----------------

Actually it's not a promedia setup. It's a Klipsch quintet system paired with a KSW10 sub and a samsung reciever/dvd combo. For $1000 it's not a bad deal, although the samsung unit is rated at 10% THD and is really weak in the power dept.

----------------

On 9/4/2003 8:37:51 AM clspruiell wrote:

I was walking thru target the other day and saw a klipsch sub. Anyone else know about this? Does it make you as mad as it makes me?

Its really hard to brag about my Target / best buy speakers.

----------------

Deer Birthmark cartoon.jpg

----------------

On 9/4/2003 10:40:45 AM clspruiell wrote:

hey u knwo what?? im the biggest idiot. i didnt see klipsch at target. IT WAS SEARS!!!! Sorry everybody!! However, sears isnt much better. And it was not the pro media.

----------------

As others have pointed out, what you saw was the Samsung SK-6 system. It is a system that pairs the Klipsch Quintets and KSW-10 sub with a Samsung DVD-player/reciever unit. It goes for about $1000. This system is marketed by Samsung, not Klipsch, thus why you see it in Sears (although I have not seen it at the Sears here in my area).

From what I hear, though, this is actually a pretty nice unit for the $1000 bucks. The Samsung unit does look kinda cheap, from the pictures I have seen. One would probably do better if they just picked up the Quintets w/ sub seperatly and got a decent Yamaha reciever and a Toshiba DVD player for close to the same price as this Samsung unit.

Still, from personal listening tests of the Quintets and sub itself, I would be willing to bet this Samsung/Klipsch unit will way outperform a Bose lifestyle 35 system that costs three times as much (of which the DVD/reciever unit also looks cheap to me), but still look sleek and unobtrusive (those Quintet speakers are really not much larger than the Bose dual-cube speakers, but sound much better in my opinion).