Signatures

dodger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old thought: I miss a persons home location from the old forum.

New thought: I like to see the signatures.

I do not signature the HT rig since I do very little posting in the HT area.

I am laden with 4 kids and wife in college. My signature shows i have good selections although they are quite frugal by some peoples perceptions.

A DVD player as a transport is sacreligious to some but it is all I can afford to justify.

Upgrading from Dual to JA Michel TT was a huge risk sight unseen off of E Bay. But a huge improvement!

For those of you that have seen my signature evolve in the past year hopefuly see some real fruitful, dilligent and progressive upgrades.

Keeping up with the kids and the 3 computer LAN at home is allot of work.

I would post a link to somewhere for my signature; but i do not know how to do it.

I know DOS and Windows well; WEB stuff not too well.

Mobile;

Thanks again for my big green "S".

It makes me smile; especially during football season.

Well said Dave, I agree totally. I would not read someones post on his opinion if he did not have a sig with something to be a reference. Kind of like talking about Klipsch speakers on a Klipsch Forum when you don't own any.

Kind of like me, but I do own I just do not know how to post a sig.

Gary, now that you are getting rid of everything please pass along the MC240 and SCott 299, you won't be needing them now.

Win, neighbor of land only, I appreciate your sig and posts, keep up the good work. It would be best if members kept their opinions to strictly non-living things like electronics IMHO.9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 9/11/2003 6:22:30 AM tillmbil wrote:

Well said Dave, I agree totally. I would not read someones post on his opinion if he did not have a sig with something to be a reference. Kind of like talking about Klipsch speakers on a Klipsch Forum when you don't own any.

Kind of like me, but I do own I just do not know how to post a sig.

Gary, now that you are getting rid of everything please pass along the MC240 and SCott 299, you won't be needing them now.

Win, neighbor of land only, I appreciate your sig and posts, keep up the good work. It would be best if members kept their opinions to strictly non-living things like electronics IMHO.
9.gif9.gif

----------------

Greetings:

When I give a seminar regarding computer security, I always state not to open unknown mailk, not to open attachments and not to go to other sites you do not know.

That's part of basic security, but also part of how some of the viruses, worms are spread. Even Klipsch has a stated warning before you download an attachment.

That is why I have never gone to other sites for pictures or opened attachments, all it will take is one idiot... No matter how good your virus protection or firewalls are, they be penetrated. Justin found that.

Even though I have webtv and really don't have to worry, I practice what I preach. So in the interest of not slowing down computers with dial up service I changed my signature. I apologize to those who have computers with dial up service as I do.

The only thing that slows webTV of note have been pictures in the post, never text. But I apologize anyway.

And as I teach, I will not send those who may read my posts to another page, that would be against my own teachings and would make for one more site slowing them down in going to such.

If you should look for a reply from me, note: the reply is black, anything but one line which I also deleted is in color.

Win dodger

Win dodger

Through Cluless' tutelage, I have been able to display my equipment list in a most discreet fashion. Do you see it? It's right down there. Looks like a gray line. I can sort-of see it with my 105" monitor. Oooh! Forgot to add that to the list! Gotta make the font smaller!

fini

You dont EVER go to links in the forum??? I agree with being careful about downloading attachments but links listed by members to their gear or to company sites is a VALUABLE source and one that I have never seen bring up a virus, trojan horse, or problem. This is going a bit overboard to me.

I make my living on this worthless machine and am on it WAY too much. But links are VITAL and important part of the whole process, and while being careful, to NOT GO to links strikes me as missing quite a bit.

Use your HEAD and be smart. Links are a GREAT resource - I use them all the time and give more than a few, many to things I have put up myself or have found to be helpful and informative.

Downloading attachments or following unknown links via an email is another story.

kh

I would have to agree with Kelly on this one. I have spent the last 10 years on the internet and have never recieved a virus except in the early days and that was opening unknown emails carelessly. I venture all over the internet and never have a problem. My PC is behind a firewall and the only virus protection I run is Norton's on my Email only. I better watch out I'll probably get slammed now.

Craig

Greetings:

After seeing a long time poster, going to a link may be safe.

Going to a newer link can help to spread viruses, land on a spam list, etc. You can go to a link and all of a sudden their cookies are there and they have a clue for reaching out and spamming. That's all I'm saying. And that's textbook Crime Prevention using my head.

To step into the unknown may be a little over protective, but there are many, even at Microsoft, Yahoo, PayPal security that make the same recommendation. All it takes is one mis-step.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:38:07 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Subtlety and understatement are amazing things... The US as a culture promotes neither.

----------------

Stop beating around the bush. What are you getting at?

fini

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:38:07 AM mobile homeless wrote:

ps- Damn fini, I thought I taught you that; you been learning behind my back?

----------------

No, you told me to get off my butt and learn a little HTML. Clu gently enlightened me. Credit is due to you both.

fini

This sig thing certainly exploded. Nice that Kelly thinks so highly of mine - but it has kind of put me off changing it.

I suppose I will post an equipment list that is up to date at some time. If only the damn things would stop moving around.

Anyone want to buy a Rel Strata 3? A Marantz CD6000? A pair of Heresy 2's?

Come to that...

Anyone want to take a pair of Tsakiridis 45 wpc pp KT88 based amps for 100 wpc tube based similar?

What else was there??????

These days even I dont remember what I have got and what I am using at any point in time.

the sig stays for now.

Greetings:

Before this part gets out of hand.

It was suggested in the first post afte my initial post to consider a separate page.

One other member stated that he would not go to a link, one stated he would not (paraphrase) pay much attention to anyone not listing their equipment.

Going to links for equipment notes takes time. Pictures in posts take three (3) times as long as reading two (2) posts - longer time for the image rather than text to fill line by line.

Regarding links one can post a lnk, then you can be diverted to another area. Anyonethat has ever surfed the net has most likely encountered this.

As I know Kelly, I would go to a link he posted as I would a number of other Forum members that I have met or have emailed with.

More information regarding computer security, including links and their potentials can be had through the National Institute of Justice Reports, The Bureau of Justice Statistics and the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners - theirs needs some updating but there's a portion. The FBI also has a treatise and an in training seminar on this point at Quantico.

So, Kelly, this was not directed at you, you generously offered to assist.

This was for further posts to put equipment on another page. I received 24 emails, pro and con. I also wanted to respond to Dave and his post.

My posts on this were to save time for other members emailing or PMing me as to my view and reasoning.

Win dodger