This computer thing has got to stop...

maxg

I have spent the last 8 hours working on this bloody portable computer. Spreadsheets and powerpoint - the modern tortures of life!!

And what do I do to choose to relax? Log in and head over to the Klipsch forum - there has to be something seriously wrong with me.

On the bright side I am listening to a bright young thing on the system that unless I miss my guess has a bright future.

The album is "Young gifted and Black" and the singer is a woman called Aretha Franklin (whoever she is). Still she looks like she might make it - judging by this mint album from 1972 I have in my hand....(sorry - boasting again - not a single click or sign of play on the whole album).

I wonder what I should play next? Suggestions (keep them clean!)

If I had it I would. It is now on my "to buy" list.

As it happens I wanted to wake myself up a bit so I went with James Brown -Showtime on Smash records.

Think he has a future too - but I think Smash might have a problem with their monoaural sound!!

No idea how old the record is in reality - no date anywhere to be found but I would guess 1960 'ish. Condition not bad either..

Wont ask what after this - it could go on all night...

----------------

On 9/11/2003 10:16:18 AM bclarke421 wrote:

How about another bright young thing from that day..

Bonnie Raitt "Give it Up"

Eclectic, wonderful record. She sounds like a young Ella at times.

----------------

A few years ago, in the college days, one of my roommates was on the concert committee. He took us to the gym one night to a keg party. Plastic tarps covering the floor, beer spilled everywhere. Two bucks for beer and a band. The beer alone was worth two bucksso how could we loose? The band was a little known female blues guitaristBonnie Raitt. I expected headbanging, no-talent rock. What I got was a taste of the bluesbeen a fan of hers (and the blues) ever since.

J.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:22:44 PM tbabb wrote:

fini - I thought you were a wino? Ran out eh?

We all have to make sacrifices... times are tough.

What is that a checkerboard your next to?

- tb

----------------

Oh, I've got plenty of wine, I just spent the day on the roof, cutting-in a skylight, and needed something cold!

The checkerboard pattern you see is my tile floor. It's limestone and slate on the diagonal, with a limestone border. I'll post a pic (if you're interested) after I clean house (tomorrow?).

fini

----------------

On 9/11/2003 10:16:18 AM bclarke421 wrote:

How about another bright young thing from that day..

Bonnie Raitt "Give it Up"

Eclectic, wonderful record. She sounds like a young Ella at times.

BTW, if anyone comes across a NM/VG copy, I'd like to upgrade mine-it's pretty beat.

----------------

I found a slew of BR lps today. Let me check my car and see if that's one of them. They had about 5 copies of each of her lps at the library.

Greg,

I grew up a Redskins and Senators fan and always despised the Colts and Orioles. I actually followed the Rangers for years until all the old Senators were gone. I did become an Orioles fan in the 90s until Angelos ruined the team. I'm probably going Tuesday night to see the Yankees game in the company suite. It's just too nice to pass up since it's all free (crabcakes & beer included!).

On another note, my wife came up with a few ideas regarding Baltimore sightseeing although it's too early for Christmastime stuff and probably will be on the chilly side. There are some art museums, the Harbor, aquarium, etc. I'll email you tomorrow.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:47:26 PM garymd wrote:

I picked up "Green Light," "The Glow," "Home Plate," and "Forgiveness." I can check next time I'm there for you. I like "Green Light" because it has a couple NRBQ tunes on it. There were more but I was already late getting back to work.

----------------

Thanks Gary,

just let me know.

Ben