New System should be here today

Diss

Just checked the ups tracking, and all the packages are on the trucks for delivery3.gif , too bad I have to leave for work.7.gif But I have made arrangments for someone to be here, so I can enjoy when I get home.9.gif9.gif I'll update when I get home.

Brandon

Ah....Christmas in September! It's so much fun to get "STUFF", isn't it? I just love the smell of brand new semiconductors! I'm excited for you! I bet you'd be up till 4 in the morning playing with your new toys! I know I would!9.gif Live it UP!

-Picky 2.gif

congrats on the purchase. When I got my RF7s, I didnt even get to play with them the day they were delivered. I got them right as I had to get to work! I just got them from the Truck, and placed them, box and all in the living room, blocking everything else as the beasts do. After I got off working at best buy at 11, I got home and unboxed them. Wow were they huge, and heavy, and sexy! but even then, i couldnt hook them up. Then the following day, after working all day, I finally got home and after about 4 hours trying to get it setup with wires and such, I finally listened to them at like 6:30PM. Even then I couldnt crank them up, because my house was filled with conservative indian folk who dont appreciate loud music. So the next day, I just didnt get to work till like 12PM and I woke up early, and after everyone was at work, I got to "open them up". quite an experience. I dare anyone to top my story of having to wait 48 hours AFTER delivery before listening to their respective purchases...

Waiting for new gear to arrive sucks but it could be worse. I have to wait for my dealer to get the stuff in which is no big deal but then they have to ship it to me which is where the real fun begins. It can take anywhere from a week to a month+ depending on how much freight is being moved. The whole time it sits in a warehouse until there is room on the plane. During this time I'm worried some drunken cargo guy is going to run into my stuff with a forklift. Last year I had 4 21-inch monitors delivered to me before I got one that wasn't smashed. Waiting is one thing but when you finally get it and it's fubar, that's when the real depression sets in. Enjoy your new gear.

Well I finally got it all set up last night, but it was too late to do anything. I woke up at around 5:30, and had to keep debating if it was time for the neighbors to wake up or not. I just now finally cranked it up, all I can say is YIKES 6.gif6.gif , that is some dangerous SPL levels. Made the hair on my arms stand up and get cold chills. And at the highest level that I wanted to go witch was +2db on my reciever, I couldnt bear any more, it was hurting my head. But the best part about it all was, there was ZERO distortion, and I mean none, it was so clear it was just crasy, and the sub very impresive. The olny problem now is I'm gonna go broke going out and buying new DVD's to watch. I would like to say thanks to everybody here who has helped me out with info and opinions, its always greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys9.gif

----------------

On 9/12/2003 2:09:03 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

I dare anyone to top my story of having to wait 48 hours AFTER delivery before listening to their respective purchases...

----------------

Actually, I think I got all of you on this one. I bought my 5 speakers all at one time because my dealer was trying to unload them prior to the new reference speaks. It was a purchase I never thought I would make for over a year, but something I had to jump on. Anyways, I didn't get a chance to listen to them for a SOLID MONTH. I'll have to look at the number of dates, but I'm thinking it was close to 28 - 29 days. Why? Because I didn't even own a receiver.

After about two weeks of owning them, I started getting really anxious and looking around for anyone that would let me borrow a receiver. Finally found someone with an old Technics (or was it Sanyo?) receiver. Just a stereo receiver, 18 guage barely fit into it. But Klipsch speaks don't need much power, and boy that Technics tore it up :). Luckily I was able to afford a much better receiver, although I'm still paying off on the speaks...