Miss My HT possible trades!!

Craig6519

Here's what I have for possible trades. Cornwall II, Eico HF-85 and a Dynaco ST-70. What I need is a new reciever and surrounds to go with my KLF-30's and C-7. Like I said This is just an idea to see what might be available on this forum of great Klipsch fans. I really love both but would like to complete my HT system and don't have a lot of $$$ now.

Craig

----------------

On 9/13/2003 3:58:10 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Makes no sense to me in that HT can be served by much more mediocre gear and still pass as "ok" for the stuff most need/use if for.

----------------

??????

Not everyone has the same priorities. If I had to choose, the HT would go in a flash but I'm a 95% 2-channel person. I can't say I agree with Craig's decision but I hope he ends up happy no matter what happens. We keep telling people on this forum that they can always recoup their investment if they change their minds. I remember Craig buying those cornwalls from ebay. They're a beautifully matched oak pair.

Good luck Craig. BTW, is there anyway to talk you out of this? Are you out of you mind??????9.gif

Craig -

Put me firmly in the camp that a great HT and 2 channel system can be one in the same. I would not give up one for the other.

Would you be open to selling the 30's and getting Heresys to match the Cornwalls? I am not in the market for any speakers just making a suggestion and perhaps a different way of looking at your situation. The tube amps can still be used to power the front mains, just make sure you get an AVR that has pre-outs for the amp section. This is how I run my system TT directly into the Fisher that runs the Cornwalls. Everything else is run through the AVR and then into the Fisher. It really does work nicely.

Of course there could be many other factors such as room, money, musical tastes, etc... that could affect your choices. My only intent is to offer another path that perhaps you have not considered.

Either way you will have an awesome system.

Laters,

Am I Crazy? We'll I have a lot of big decision to make this year, The biggest for me right now Is whether or not to retire from the military after 20 years. Do I stay here or move? My HT and 2 channel tastes are still high with me not wanting to spend anymore money. Last year when I went to 2 Channel I sold My Hk 525 my KSP-S6 and a pair of SVS 20-39cs+ and a samson s1000 amp to jump into the 2 channel ring. I'm still kicking myself in the *** for that. Because my HT IMO rocked. But I really wanted a taste of the Heritage 2 channel set-up. I'm thinking one or the other now because my Legends are sitiing in the bedroom with no reciever or surrounds or sub to bring them back to life again. I think I'm more confused than crazy.

Craig

Craig,

My brother-in-law just retired from th Army after 20+ years. He got a great job and didn't have to move (Ft. Meade area). Let me know if and when you decide to sell your corns. I may have a buyer.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Email me if you want someone to talk to regarding retiring. I don't know what you do in the military but I'm sure my bro-in-law would be happy to chat with you.

- Gary

Would a pair of Heresy's in the rear back corners be Ok for surrounds? I have no way of putting them off to my sides or directly behind me, they could only go in the back corners angled towards the sitting position in a 5.1 set-up. How does that sound as an option? I'd be willing to trade my 30's and C7 for a pair of heresys and a reciever, I paid a lot for these speaks and they still look brand new. Have original boxes and manuals.

Craig

----------------

On 9/13/2003 12:12:36 PM eq_shadimar wrote:

Craig -

Put me firmly in the camp that a great HT and 2 channel system can be one in the same. I would not give up one for the other.

ME TOO!!!

It is possible to build a room for listening and add in the ability for HT.

Being a long time Khorn owner I knew that only a Heritage HT would satisfy me.

As for MH's comment about mediocre gear passing for OK. PLEASE GOD NO!!!!! Do your self a favor and only buy a First class processor and amps for your HT.

Ive been replacing my mediocre amps with old vintage McIntosh SS amps and my HT sounds much more 3 dimentional with better overall full bodied sound.

JM

----------------

On 9/13/2003 1:31:29 PM Craig6519 wrote:

Would a pair of Heresy's in the rear back corners be Ok for surrounds? I have no way of putting them off to my sides or directly behind me, they could only go in the back corners angled towards the sitting position in a 5.1 set-up. How does that sound as an option?

Craig

----------------

IMO, that would be ideal placement, preferable to side or rear placement.

For what I ask my system to do, HT and 2 channel co-exist nicely in my living room. I can't attest that I have achived state of the art music reproduction, and my system would likely not satisfy the most anal audiophile, but no one that meets that description lives here, and I'm not in a race with anyone for the best sounding 2 channel system on the planet.

My system is capable of producing room-shaking HT, and very enjoyable 2 channel music that satisfies my wife and I when we want to sit down and unwind. That's all I ask it to do, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Incidentally, I've found that Klipsch and Marantz HT gear make for a nice combo.

For what I ask my system to do, HT and 2 channel co-exist nicely in my living room. I can't attest that I have achived state of the art music reproduction, and my system would likely not satisfy the most anal audiophile, but no one that meets that description lives here, and I'm not in a race with anyone for the best sounding 2 channel system on the planet.

My system is capable of producing room-shaking HT, and very enjoyable 2 channel music that satisfies my wife and I when we want to sit down and unwind. That's all I ask it to do, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Incidentally, I've found that Klipsch and Marantz HT gear make for a nice combo.