skonopa

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary

1) Go to the image you posted by clicking on it...

2) Grab the URL out of the address bar

3) come back and edit your post

4) use then type in the following removing the ^ chars where I have insertd them... Note that the filename itself will change depending on the name of the file you posted.

<^a h^ref='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/VID604GC.jpg' ^>

----------------

On 9/19/2003 1:51:52 PM cluless wrote:

Well, I have surveyed the damage at my place.

Outside - 245 leaves down and about a million pine needles.

Inside - Trashed. Hurricane Carol strikes again.

Good luck to all that have major cleanup! Steve - You better get busy eating all of those pears.

----------------

Blame it on localized atmospheric disturbances!2.gif

----------------

On 9/18/2003 6:42:52 PM m00n wrote:

Gary

1) Go to the image you posted by clicking on it...

2) Grab the URL out of the address bar

3) come back and edit your post

4) use then type in the following removing the ^ chars where I have insertd them... Note that the filename itself will change depending on the name of the file you posted.

<^a h^ref='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/VID604GC.jpg' ^>

----------------

Sorry I tried a couple times and I'm diong something wrong!....gc

Power went out here in Springfield, VA yesterday around 5:00PM and came back today at 1:00PM. I have a some downed trees here but only small ones in a wooded area behind me and across the street in front of me. The screens on our windows were popping off left and right but other than that everything is ok here. The worst thing I saw was a parked car crushed by a tree about a 1/4 mile away.

----------------

On 9/19/2003 4:09:24 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

Ok im worried about Skonopa

I really hope 3 trees was all the problems he had, im sure he has no power to check in, i hope again, thats all he doesnt have, i just picture worse, but thats me!

----------------

I am okay! I have only just finally got my internet service back. Surprisingly, I was one of the very few in this area that did not loose power! I did suffer a couple of power hits, and the lights did flicker quite a bit, as though the power was about to go. The powerlines in this neighborhood must be completely buried all the way from the substation.

However, the my cable internet access as well as the cable TV did go out (thankfully, I had satellite TV so I could still watch the coverage of the hurricane). Due to some of the sever fluations in the power that was happening, I did shut down the computer after the internet went out.

I spent all day of today cleanup the downed trees as well as all of the leaves and branches. Lost quite a few shingles on my shed, but my house suffered very little damage. Just some siding came off, but I was able to recover the pieces that blew off and I managed to nail them back up - looks good as new.

Instead of my posting more pictures on this forum, here is a public photo gallery the local paper put together for people to upload pictures they took in and around the area. My pictures are under the name "SkiBumMSP".

I have many more than that, plus even more will be forth coming. The river is expected to flood significantly (all that water coming down from the mountains), so I'll be out tommorrow morning getting more pictures.

From what I hear, the power at my office is still out. Will be interesting to see what I find when I go to work Monday morning.