How much they worth?

DeltaT

A buddy and I have a pair of KHorn that are in need of much TLC. The 15" drivers are missing, and it appears that the drivers in the larger horn have been replaced, and they arent the same. The finish has been painted on one of them. My question is, how much are they worth as is at this point? They have AA crossovers in them, and they are structurally in good shape. I'll post some pics later today. If someone is really interested in them contact me.

Kurt

In the low to medium hundreds of dollars. You have to consider that you can sometimes find perfect ones with fine veneer for under $2000. Sometimes bargains under $1500. So without the woofers, and with figuring in an unknown number of hours of labor to make them look good, you're going to have to hit upon the right guy, someone who does not value his time as much as his money.

----------------

On 9/22/2003 12:02:10 AM DeltaT wrote:

As you will see from this pic, one of the speakers has been painted :-( What can you expect when it spent its life in a fraternity house.

Kurt

----------------

I'd put them on sale on this site:

http://www.sparklefactory.com/gallery.html

This may be the surest way to get some money out of it.

Ahhhh.... SPARKLEFACTORY! That speaker would go quite nicely in that depository of fine art. Why paint over such an inspiring vision? See if you can tuck it right after this lovely warmup below; I believe it would be suitable and have seen some fine art along these lines in 3-D form on top of various Klipsch speakers located within this forum. It's nice to know there is an outlet for craftsmanship; the internet brings us all together as family allowing the sharing and support we all so desire. I am smitten with emotion...

G002.jpg

----------------

On 9/22/2003 12:02:10 AM DeltaT wrote:

As you will see from this pic, one of the speakers has been painted :-( What can you expect when it spent its life in a fraternity house.

Kurt
----------------

Indeed! Guess they really are from Delta House!9.gif

Where are you located?

Dee

Nice paint job - you may have to pay a little extra for that one2.gif. The fronts seem to have trim outside of the veneer. I could be wrong but that doesn't look like any Khorn I've seen. Maybe its a kit or a Speakerlabs version. Check the back carefully for any variations in the design or hopefully a decal. Also, look at the drivers to see if they were offered by Klipsch. Without the woofers and with all the work to get them back AND the fact that they may not even be Klipsch, I'd have to really think this project through before puting a price on them. Have fun.

The speakers are in West Lafayette Indiana, which is between Indianapolis and Chicago. I dont beleive the speakers were used for DJ purposes. Thats what the LaSacals are being used for. The story I gather, is that they were just in a brothers room a long time ago and the one i assume was painted to blend in. I cant assure anyone that the horns work. Havent been able to test them. They have been living in a cold air room for i dont know how many years. Experiencing tempetures anywhere from like 20deg to 90deg. If it wasnt for one of my brothers who is helping me fix this up, they would have been thrown away years ago!!!

Kurt

Those Klipschorns could very well be utilitarian decorator models, made especially for commercial use in auditoriums, theatres, and the like. Andy (HDBRbuilder) made my decorator Cornwalls in '79 (just raw birch). Anyone could buy decorator models I would assume...my Cornwalls never saw the inside of a hall or been behind the screen of a theatre, even though that's what they were primarily designed for.