Will be missing... for a while

chinoloco

Hey everyone....

Its been a great time even though a short time on the forum.

I am not gone but I will visit alot less frequent as I am going through major changes in life.

I have decided to separate from my wife after 3.5 years of marriage. We are just too different people and its best to separate so we can both be happier. I guess I do not want to be those people who stay married for 25 years, end up hating each other and both people have wasted their lives for nothing. I told my wife, I am giving back her life.

I am giving my wife the freedom to choose her own Path for once. She has always been dependent on her family and me. By forcing her to go out on her own path, she has been decidedly happier and so far, 2 days into the separation, she appreciates the fact she can do what she wants for the "first time" in 26 years. She is obtaining confidence and its great to see her want goals for once. She has pretty much always just did what her family thought it was best, never having to need to think for herself. I am relieved too because the arguing, yelling and resentment has stopped. I am actually more supportive of her as a separated husband/friend then as a husband. The past two days since the separation has been the best days in quite some time.

Sorry for writing this to those people who are not interested. I just thought to thrown a note for those who got to know me a little bit and would wonder.. "where the in the world did he go"?

I will still continue to occasionally visit.

peace

James

I don't know any specifics, and I tell this to anyone considering what you are considering. You got married for a reason. Go back and find that reason. Then go buy a book called "Communication, Sex and Money" by Edwin Cole. Read it yourself (don't ask her to read it) and read it for yourself. You're the only one that you can change.

You may not agree with everything in it, but I know many, many couples who turned their situations around 180 degrees and are living a better marriage than ever before.

Good luck, and God be with you both.

Doug

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:57:16 AM dougdrake wrote:

I don't know any specifics, and I tell this to anyone considering what you are considering. You got married for a reason. Go back and find that reason. Good luck, and God be with you both.

Doug

----------------

I agree 100%. I think people need to do this periodically anyway. Doing so helps to keep you out of a bad situation. Why wait until it comes to this 4.gif

Hey James, for what it's worth my wife and I separated and then divorced in an eerily similar fashion to what you are describing. Because we parted on reasonably good terms, we got back together four years later. That was 13 years and 2 kids ago, and we couldn't be happier. My point is I think you're taking a pretty sensible approach here, and Moon is right, you may be surprised where it leads you, it doesn't always mean all is lost. Keep a positive outlook.

Greetings:

It is good that she will be able to feel a freedom away from her family. The wants, needs and cries can strengthen her, and perhaps bring the family closer to HER.

I wish you the best and the two of you my very best. Perhaps one day down the line her new strength in deciding what she wants or who, may result in two being one again.

Only YOU know how you feel and how you would feel if, in her newly found decision making, she decided that she wanted YOU in her life.

My thoughts go with you and if I may use one quote that may be applicable to the relationship the two (2) of you have, or any relationship:

"Love What We Lack, Like What We Share.....Correction Comes With Time To Spare...

written by John B. Sebastian.

Peace,

Win dodger

I for one get a long a lot better with my X now than when we were married.

I always hate to hear when a relationship comes to an end. And I hate giving advise since every two people and there circumstances are different than what I went through.

Jeez, two days is just too soon to see if it is working yet.

Hope it all works out.

JM

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:57:16 AM dougdrake wrote:

You're the only one that you can change.

----------------

So true... i had a difficult break-up several years ago... and I have to agree that every situation is different. Given the nice group of people here, I kinda wish I had discovered this place back then.

Best wishes..

Rob

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

The separation thing is going well under the circumstances. Sure there are tears.. but we get over them.

We are better friends then a married couple.

After she goes and returns from a short trip to China, I will probably go through a divorce.

Thanks again for the words and advice.

James