1973 Vertical Cornwalls $1000 BIN

fini

I feel lucky to get my 77 for $600. But these verts at $1000 would not be a bad deal, considering what others have paid. I would be tempted to buy them and sell mine if I didnt mind the immense hassle involved for small gains. PErhaps I WILL take a look though...

kh

EDIT: MAN - THOSE ARE NICE! 3000 miles away...but nice as hell.

I'm always surprised when a seller uses the BIN feature and starts the listing in the middle of the night. Good for buyers if the BIN is within reason.

I couldn't hide Cornwalls so I just woke the wife up and asked!

Hope somebody on the forum gets them.

If they were on the opposite coast I would be interested, 3000 miles is along way for those beauties to travel. Hopefully a West Coast forum member will scoop them up. I actually know of a pair of Vertical Cornwalls on the East Coast, Baltimore actually but have been reluctant to purchase since all my heritage speakers are fully horn loaded and I dont know if I would like the bass reflex type of bass.

Great pictures, if you follow his link. They look an awful lot like my 1980 walnut Cornwalls (horizontal). I doubt there would be enough of a difference (for me) to upgrade to verts, even though they are about 3 hours away...

There must be some new ordinance in Santa Cruz banning good speakers. Remember the $600 pair last week?

fini

I checked them out. They look a little different than the ones I have. Mine are the decorator models and the cossovers are mounted on the side not front. Those do look nice though. It looks like a woofer may have been replaced. One looks much newer than the other.

One warning as I posted yesterday. I had '80 horiz. corns, and the '73s verts. listed below and had them on speakers A/B so they could be played individually against one another. The newer ones were definitely better at low volumes. No difference when loud however. All I am saying is that I see folks rave about the so called rare vert setup and older drivers. You may be disappointed spending extra money before you listen to them thinking they are better. They will be better than not having corns in the first place of course, but not better than a newer pair, probably, or to replace a newer pair. I do think the vert horn setup can be an advantage because you can lay them down. It does change the characteristic sound. But I question the so called advantages of the older drivers.

I traded the '80s back to the friend I got them from for his sentimental reasons, and kept the '73s. They are excellent, don't get me wrong. But I had both, and those are my comments.

By the way, I have mine laying on their sides. They sound awesome that way. They are about as tall as Heresys in that setup, but with a ton more base. I think they produce more base laying down as opposed to being on the risers which are on mine.

The NosValves Scott 222 and CD player is on top of one. Looks and sounds great!

Those '73s on the Bay look really nice. Whoever gets them will be in for a real treat. Good Luck all.

Hi - I am the owner of these verts and wanted to clear up one point...

None of the drivers have been replaced. There is only a picture of one, I don't know how someone figured one is newer as you can only see one woofer. I did not take both drivers out as they had never been removed and look identical (looking at the cone and surround from behind the basket). The woofers are in amazing original condition, partially due to the fact the grills are not removable and the speakers have never been abused (their first 20+ years with an older gent listening to classical and never moved them).

I would be happy to take and post any other pics one might want to see.

Any questions I would be happy to answer.

PS - I am also selling a pair of 1985 La Scala LS BS, they are in very good condition, I posted a lot of pictures on yahoo (copy and paste):

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/corwyn_95063/lst?.dir=/Klipsch+La+Scala&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

AND I have another pair of Cornwall in Walnut (1978) with horizontal horns and speaker spikes on them. They look great, I will be posting pictures soon...

Both previously mentioned will be posted on Ebay within the week...

SYSTEM:

B&K AVP3090 pre-amp

BBE 362SW sonic maximizer

JVC XV-SA75GD

Adcom GFA 5503 (200 x 3)

Adcom GFA 555 (200 x 2)

Adcom GFA 555 Pro (600 x 1)

Adcom ACE 515

Klipsch La Scala Pro (front)

Klipsch La Scala Pro (rear)

Klipsch KP 201 (pro Heresy) with Klipsch KP 115 (15" sub) (center)

Yorkville Elite SW 800 (pair) 18" subs 2.gif

How did you end up with so many Klipsch speakers, and why are you selling them? I cannot believe your '73 Corns haven't sold yet. $1000 BIN seems very reasonable. How about offering the other Cornwalls, and the La Scalas here first? You'd save the eBay cut (although I do own a tiny bit of stock), and most people here are kind of honest...

fini

Hmmm, Klipsch horn nut I guess. I worked at a hi-fi shop when I was a teenager and we sold Klipsch (heritage line and original KG's at that time). I have owned and loved them ever since. Over the last few years I have been "upgrading", buying, trying, trading, and re-selling to get to the system I enjoy most in my home. I have finally figured out what I like (maybe not subs but the main speakers). After purchasing a few pairs of Professional Klipsch speakers I like the sound even better than the home models, both in sound and finish. I have four dogs and a baby coming, the black industrial finish works great for me now.

With a baby coming I have to sell all the ones I am not using in my home theater set up, no more luxory of grand sound in the garage.

I will post a listing for each set for sale, the larger (Cornwall and La Scala) I will deliver within about 6 hours of central California for $15 an hour round trip. I will have a few more for sale that I can ship, for now:

1973 Cornwall vertical horns and Alnico magnets for $1000

1978 Cornwall also Alnico magnets, darker Walnut, look great with spikes $900

1985 La Scala LS-BLS pictures on Yahoo, http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/corwyn_95063/lst?.dir=/Klipsch+La+Scala&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

$1000

Have a great weekend2.gif

Anyone in the area (Aptos California, near Santa Cruz) feel free to contact me to hear and see them in person.