It is Done

Deang

I just sold both Bruce Moore pieces to the same Audiogon member. He offered to pay full asking price, and the phone conversation went on for almost a full hour. One of the best audio related, and personal conversations I have ever had. I had been praying about this thing all day, and when I saw the email to purchase both pieces at the asking price I knew it was meant to be. Further confirmation came when I found out Bill was a Christian, and had been praying about his next purchase. The icing on the cake was when I found out he was trying to move a Cary SL-98, and so a trade/cash deal was finalized. Now I just need a cheap amp! I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't help it. The truth however, was that I really only needed to move the amp, so this worked out pretty well. The perfect ending to this would be if some forum loon would buy the Lam 6SN7 linestage -- which I now don't need.

I do think Dennis designs good sounding preamps.

SLP98.jpg

----------------

On 10/8/2003 11:07:51 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Craig, well there IS power in prayer.

----------------

Like, 10-15 wpc? Wait, I thought we were talking about a pre...

fini

There are another half dozen things about this preamp that make it pretty nifty: 1) Not only is it tube rectified, but it is also tube regulated, using both an OC3 and OD3. These tubes are flat out gorgeous looking with the lights out. 2) It has twin chokes. 3) It has Audio Note oil coupling caps. 4) It has a discrete, stepped attenuator with 2db increments (I will probably mod the Cary down the road to include one of these). 5) It's dead quiet, and sounds as good as the $2300 Bruce Moore Companion. No, it doesn't have the high end look of the Companion or the Cary, but it's very sweet looking in its own right, and sounds great. If I was on schedule to build the 2nd system, I would keep it.

I'm willing to drop the price down to $425 shipped, but would substitute the 6SN7's that are in there with a different set of NOS Sylvania Chrometops.

Jim, maybe you could PM or email Randy Bey, who used to run his system without a preamp as well. You might be interested in hearing what he has to say. Even if you don't buy mine, you should still get one.

Thanks for the plug Kelly, and not calling me "Freak". :)

Dean,

you can borrow any of my amps. I am finalizing the Dynaco ST 70 deal with Ken, and I could ask him to send it to you. I also have the 299c or LK 72 that need sorting, or Dee's 299c that Craig already has massaged. Best of all, your Quicksilvers would be overjoyed to visit you again if you wanted. My cousin is going to school at Dayton, so a road trip would be possible.

The morning safety meeting is about to start, so adios....let me know!