The Matrix - Explained.

m00n

Ok all... If you don't want to fully understand what is going on, or you have not seen Reloaded yet, you DON'T want to visit this page. This is either one serious persons theory on the Matrix, or it is exactly what you should know by the end of Reloaded....

Here ye go

*EDIT*

Ok I just got done reading it... WHOA! Good lord man, this just proves how much I didn't realize. But EVERYTHING that is said in this essay makes perfect since. But at the same time, it raises more damn questions...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 10/22/2003 5:37:54 PM marksdad wrote:

what? are you kidding? "by itself the movie isnt good? its great
12.gif
----------------

I'm just covering my behind for flamers/trolls on this forum that want to bash it. I really liked it, and thats why I bought it on DVD. 2.gif

----------------

On 10/23/2003 12:53:58 AM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

ehhhhh.... I dunno about that... Morpheus and Trinity are programs? I have to disagree with that one.

----------------

hehe... Ya never know man... Ya never know.

HOWEVER, the one thing that I do question is where he says that one hot gal that kisses NEO is a previous "The One"... From what the Architect says, it not believe that she is a former "The One" Not to metion, but if you watch the screens behind NEO, he is the only person that is shown and I got the impression that the NEOs in the video screens where images of him being in that room the previous six times.

----------------

On 10/23/2003 1:40:17 AM m00n wrote:

Not to metion, but if you watch the screens behind NEO, he is the only person that is shown and I got the impression that the NEOs in the video screens where images of him being in that room the previous six times.

----------------

That was one of the ideas that crossed my mind also... I figured it was either that or those were all the reactions going through Neo's head and they just focused on the one he chose to project. The second is probably more feasible because there are a lot more than 6 different reactions. Bah! I hate trying to come up with explanations on incomplete stories. Oh well, only 13 days left. 9.gif

----------------

On 10/23/2003 12:44:00 PM mbajner wrote:

how about this plot,

the whole movie is just a dream of some guy who is in a comma and when he awakes out of it, everything is normal and great.

always loved happy endings.

----------------

I'm pretty sure I (and almost every other Matrix fan out there) would leave very PO'ed and probably start a riot in front of the Wachowski bros. mansions.

----------------

On 10/23/2003 1:40:17 AM m00n wrote:

HOWEVER, the one thing that I do question is where he says that one hot gal that kisses NEO is a previous "The One"... From what the Architect says, it not believe that she is a former "The One"

----------------

ummm... I think he meant the "French bloke (the Merovingian)" was the "ONE" and that his girl friend kissed Neo (which is "oNe" spelled in pig latin or something... 2.gif ) to feel what it feels like to kiss a still living human.

I definitely believe that Zion is part of the matrix and that none of them ever left (see my previous posts on this) as well as Smith being a virus. Given that Zion may be part of the matrix, anyone could technically be a program including any of the heros (morpheus, trinity, even neo... 4.gif )

With all these possibilities, the third movie definitely promises to be better than the second, and maybe even the first.

Looking forward to release date...

Rob

----------------

On 10/23/2003 12:44:00 PM mbajner wrote:

how about this plot,

the whole movie is just a dream of some guy who is in a comma and when he awakes out of it, everything is normal and great.

always loved happy endings.
----------------

It would be fun to see nerds taking to the streets rioting 9.gif

There is something else that gets me about his theory... He says that zion is another program and that NEO is there to pull people out of the matrix and into the Zion program so that the ultimatly can be killed off. Why? Why is Zion even needed? Why don't the machines just unplug them and do away with that 1% without the use of Zion?

As an old guy, I'm not in the target market for The Matrix, but I am a bit fasinated by it. I have not studied the explanation linked by mOOn, so what I am about to write may be addressed by the explanation and I missed it.

On NPR, I heard an article that indicated The Matrix was intended by its authors and producers to communicate to young people a religious message--i.e., it is an attempt to use the action/sci-fi genre to get through to people who would not ordinarily expose themselves to a "believe-in-Christ" message. If this is correct (and I am less interested in The Matrix if it is correct (no offense intended)), is Neo "Christ the savior," and is the Architech "God"?

Surely I am not the only one on the forum who heard the NPR story or who could better confirm or deny the Judeo-Christian explanation for The Matrix.

My brother is a minister and he loves the movie, says there is spiritual references all through the movie.

So now you got me thinking about this on an even deeper level. If the architct is God, that would imply that there have been other civilizations that he distroyed.

mOOn,

Someone who is a better student of the movie (or the Bible), or who can watch it again, might laugh at this (and I may be just flat WRONG), but: Was The Matrix previously destroyed 6 times? Would that make the next incarnation the 7th? If correct, what are the theological of that ("and on the 7th day....)?

I finally read this. While it is certain that the author has done his homework he leaves out some obvious references to Camus, etc. Quite frankly, if the author was correct, the matrix trilogy would be the single most complicated screenplay ever written. Is it likely that every single number and letter ever shown to the camera was planned at that every single word of dialog ties into this master plan? To paraphrase Nietchze, I think it more likely that the author has focused on data that supports their argument in a quasi-logical fashion, rather than objectively observed the facts and deduced their meaning.

ergo!@

vis a vis!!!!