Quiet in here today - where's Kelly?

maxg

Hello:

Max, Please extend Happy Birthday wishes to your wife.

Birth day: the day one is born into the outside world , the day of entering into the world by leaving the womb.

Any other day of fertilization is that of conception.

You knew that you were just going to have people add to their total number of Postings.

12.gif

Win dodger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll concede to the traditional atmosphere concept and work on the guilt thing (gee, that shouldn't be too hard, after all I am not Catholic).

Happy birthday Mrs. Max. My condolences on having to spend so much time with your hubby 2.gif

Fini - I never tired of the 'twas the night before conception' bedtime story. I found it interesting that this was the first time I had heard about MD 20/20 (which, BTW, does anyone know where that name came from? Seems like it would have WD40 type story). If only they had made a film so I could have cherished it for life 6.gif

I am just starting my study of those SET and Push/Pull (am I the only one that gets a somewhat guilt pleasure out of saying push/pull?) things. The depth of knowledge in this thread is amazing and helpful. It is a bit like taking a drink from the dew collected on a leaf 2.gif

Back to life as we know it....

"is a bit like taking a drink from the dew collected on a leaf"

say what???

Not something I have ever done - would need a very big leaf, or a minor thirst...unless you are a catapillar I suppose.

Yes Dodg - I did think a few would respond to the upping their numbers routine - but most of this thread isn't about that.

I cant even remember what I wrote to start this all off - ah well - probably wasnt important.

----------------

On 10/27/2003 3:48:35 AM maxg wrote:

4. Birthdays. Tradionally the anniversary of the date you popped into the world out of your mummy. Live with it. (Actually it is my wife's tomorrow - no gift yet and no ideas - a new TT wont wash).

----------------

Max,

I don't know how old your wife is (won't ask), but around these parts, many women who reach middle age, for their birthdays get a pair of new TT's.

fini

----------------

On 10/27/2003 9:17:50 AM maxg wrote:

"is a bit like taking a drink from the dew collected on a leaf"

say what???

My play on the saying 'taking a drink from a firehose' where one notes that the amount of data is overwhelming. That hasn't quite been the case here...

Thanks Fini,

Thus far that, suspended deck, shows no sign of needing an upgrade, although I have noticed of late, various suspension upgrades going on!

and you thought TT's had some sophisticated engineering ....

Actually - to be fair - it is more of a high mass design

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Approaching the blackboard, fini writes:

I will not ask for photos

etc.

fini

Well fini,

You can ask but you wont get!! There are some things I wont share!

Anyway birthday passed off without a hitch. Present will be a shopping trip for shoes and clothes on Saturday so SWMBO is happy.

No chance of her wanting a TT though (the audio kind) - she thinks the Project sounds perfectly fine as it is, and sadly I have to agree with her that is does indeed sound good.

I just have the sneaking suspicion that a better unit would sound staggeringly good. Not an easy sell....

BB,

It was the shock of some crazy guy wanting to drive a pair of Klipsch Horns (or was it LaScala's?) with 600 wpc bridged amps.2.gif

After hearing of the idea I think he went straight into therapy.

I know he didnt run from Craig because they are now both posting over on the AudioKarma site - unless one is currently chasing the other of there too...

BB,

I've forgotten what you are running those KHorns with. Its not the 600 wpc monsters is it? Really? Please?

How are they settling down anyway? You werent all that happy with them at first as I recall. Getting used to them?

Cheers

I did just relist the amps. I dropped the reserve by $100 and the bin by $150. We'll see what happens this time.

One of the monsters is powering my Khorns in 200 wpc stereo mode. The other monster Dynaco sits uplugged and idle.

I am coming to enjoy the khorns a bit more. The bass is there but it sure is different!