Quiet in here today - where's Kelly?

maxg

On 10/26/2003 5:38:37 PM dodger wrote:

----------------

There are those that think they know all or have done all or think they know the knowledge base of someone else on the Forum. You are not that type.

----------------

Who did you have in mind here, dodger?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What in the heck is wrong with wishing someone else Happy Birthday?

In the last year my 40 year old room mate from grad school and my cousin's 48 year old wife passed away...

There are numerous people I grew up with that are no longer with us...

There are innumerable reasons to celebrate life!

----------------

On 10/26/2003 6:30:33 PM paulparrot wrote:

Sorry, Sock.

Is it just me or does it seem a little, shall we say, strange, for a bunch of adult men to be wishing happy birthday to another adult man? I think it inappropriate once the people involved are over 12 years old.

Just my 2 ducats.

----------------

Hello:

It is just you. It is your opinion, you posted it.

Some still celebrate their birthdays. For friends, acquaintances or other Posters, it can be a polite, or a genuine recognition of the person, the day they were born on.

In some Countries and ares of the United States, it is a day of outward celebration. I am sorry if your birthday is not recognized whether by choice yours or others.

Win dodger

EDIT: As bkrop notes there are those no longer living to whom we pay respect by remembering their Birthday.

In many cases, we feel saddened that we did not show that remembering, or are not able to show under circumstances beyond our control a genuine celebration, or a feeling of some happiness that a person was born a note that specifically on the date of their birth.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BONNIE 10/17.

And to what do we attribute to the age of twelve (12) to end the wishing of a Happy Birthday?

It is no infringement to you, it is no impediment to your life, save for YOUR opinion.

If we were to all discontinue wishing a Happy Birthday to those Males by males would we not be falling into the category that you state Painful Reality is - doing what is stated by, or attacking anyone that disagrees with , Kelly?

Hello:

As a suggestion to the Webmaster:

We can subscribe to an author, it is too bad we cannot block an author's posts. That would be quite nice.

As a point, anyone with a question of me, may wish to read FULLY, the signature stated. It may also give them the thought that I have never revealed the extent of education, experience and knowledge regarding ny applicable subject. Nor will I. I am not arrogant, nor am I too full of ego or reading my own words.

As it was stated in "The Guns of Will Sonnett," no brag, just fact

Win dodger

----------------

On 10/26/2003 6:55:55 PM Stovebolt6 wrote:

My Birthday is next week. I will leave it up you if you would like to wish me happy birthday or not.

Dan

By the way, post number 63
2.gif

----------------

Hello:

Since I do not know which day, I EXTEND HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO YOU NOW. I hope it is a very enjoyous day for you!.

Win dodger

This is only my opinion, but I think we should limit Birthday greetings to, say, October 8th, when approximately 50% of forum member celebrate, anyway. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and while I'm at it, does it bug anyone else to see someone end their otherwise fine post with "Just my .02 cents?" That's only 1/50 of one cent, very undervalued, esp. in today's dollars. Just my $.02.

fini

----------------

On 10/26/2003 6:10:48 PM DeanG wrote:

Why does the word "asset" have the word "***" in it?

----------------

Hmm...it also has SET in it. I think you're on (to) something.2.gif

fini

Put another candle on my birthday cake

We're gonna bake a birthday cake

I'm another year old today

I'm gonna have a party with my birthday cake

Come on and take some birthday cake

We'll have some pie and sandwiches

and chocolate ice cream too

We'll sing and play the day away

and one more thing I'm going to do

I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake

and when I do, a wish I'll make

We're gonna bake a birthday cake

I'm gonna have a party with my birthday cake

Come on and take some birthday cake

We'll have some pie and sandwiches

and chocolate ice cream too

We'll sing and play the day away

and one more thing I'm going to do

I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake

and when I do, a wish I'll make

Happy birthday to you

I'm another year old today.

----------------

On 10/26/2003 7:07:38 PM paulparrot wrote:

Dodger,

You advocate keeping an open mind *until* someone disagrees with you or your life's philosophy. Then you want to block reading his posts. Seems inconsistent.

----------------

Hello:

First I ask that you read my edit regarding Birthdays.

I have no trouble if someone disagrees with me and is knowledgeable, acquainted with the subject matter and presents such in a manner for discussion.

Posts that are of the attitude of telling a person what or how, or posts down to a person without knowing their knowledge are not open minded.

I also stated in the beginning of what you call my philosophy, "True audio knowledge..."

You feel that a person's blocking one other's Posts is in conflict. It is only in conflict when it is meant to inflame, degrade, or to question another's knowledge while giving an air of superiority. Blocking can save some posts such as your view on Birthdays. On that sir, you are in the minority and to "question" others wishing a Happy Birthday as you stated is an attempt at a

put down of those that are not in agreement with you, masked in your question.

Win dodger

----------------

On 10/26/2003 7:09:27 PM fini wrote:

This is only
my
opinion, but I think we should limit Birthday greetings to, say, October 8th, when approximately 50% of forum member celebrate, anyway. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and while I'm at it, does it bug anyone else to see someone end their otherwise fine post with "Just my .02 cents?" That's only 1/50 of
one
cent, very undervalued, esp. in today's dollars. Just my $.02.

fini

----------------

Hello:

Fini: it could not have been stated in a better choice of words. LOL

dodger

Hello:

This shall be my final post in this thread.

Mr. Paul Parrot, I have no doubt that you have a weath of knowledge. I have never stated otherwise.

But a number of things you state could be said with a choice of words that are less abrasive, in a manner attempting to to show superiority.

True geniuses have the ability to speak with the common person and inform or teach them in a manner that does not degrade the person, or make them feel as if they are not of average intelligence. The one with knowledge does not talk down to people, nor do they attempt to embarass them. They teach not preach. You and I had our go around regarding the true definition of of a "Master tape."

One of your replies was to paraphrase "Now Dodger the Multi-track tape..."

We were actually talking about the same things, but the use of the "Now Dodger" seemed to be a superior.

Along with some of your anti SET, you preach, not teach.

My Grandfather was a Minister sir, and you are not my Grandfather.

If we discuss, I will listen to any point of view. If I am told this is the way, I will move to where I learn. Yes, you can pull up things I have stated in the past. I found myself in the minority and stopped.

I want to learn. I do not want opinions rammed down my throat by anyone. Suggestions are always invited. A point such as "have you tried this?" is always accepted.

If it always comes down to these, no learning is accomplished, except for the use of a Post such as this.

May you enjoy a good night and a Happy Birthday by your standards.

Win dodger

Ok - I have problems with birthdays because the laws and science keep wiggling around. The birthday (dare I say the 'alive' date?) is either the initial sperm/egg contact, six weeks later, 3 months later, 6 months later or the actual introduction to atmosphere. Since I cannot confirm the sperm/egg thingy (father has passed away and mother can't remember my name most of the time, much less that event) all the other dates, excluding the atmosphere bit, can't be verified. I would celebrate that date, but I get guilty and wonder if I am breaking the law...

An besides - what if Shirley Mclain (sp?) is right and this is just a 'rebirth' day? See how easy it is to get stressed on your birthday...

Just my $.02 sense.

1. I cannot believe that of the 400 or so discussions I have started on this site this one is going to be the most responded to!!

2. I had no idea it is/was Kelly's birthday. Happy birthday to Kelly.

3. Asset - could be as-set rather than ***-set. In other words an asset is as good as SET.

4. Birthdays. Tradionally the anniversary of the date you popped into the world out of your mummy. Live with it. (Actually it is my wife's tomorrow - no gift yet and no ideas - a new TT wont wash).

5. SET amps. Either they light your candle or they dont. Either way, to date, noone has been put to death for their choice. Unless my speakers change in the future (always possible) SET is simply not in my future.

6. My 70 wpc push pull is better than your 70 wpc push pull.