Finding Nemo!

Rudy81

Hey, you guys have got to see "Finding Nemo" in your HT's. I know this is a kids movie, but the DVD is Dolby EX THX encoded. What a tremendous sound track. This movie truly tests your systems dynamics, timbre matching, bass, processing and just about every aspect of movie reproduction.

I was blown away by the sound track and effects encoding. This is worth watching at THX reference levels!

Not to mention the stunning animation and vibrant colors, Pixar is the absolute best! I have all the Pixar movies and they are stunning. My main HT is down right now. 15.gif So I had to settle for watching it on my smaller bedroom HT, I can't wait until I get my Denon back so I can watch it on the Big HT.

The animation and video presentation is just as impressive. The colors and detail are extraordinary. At times, the scences are so "real", you forget it is an animation. The sound track is killer though.

In many scenes, the dialogue pans from left to center to right as the characters move on screen. That'll show you any differances in your main and center as far as timbre goes.

----------------

On 11/5/2003 6:18:57 PM easylistener wrote:

There has been alot of movies latly that have been in 6.1 DTS or THX. I raely like 6.1 and am waiting for some 7.1 stuff next.

----------------

easylistener;

6.1 IS 7.1 !!

7.1's two rear speakers do the SAME thing at the SAME time, just like a single center rear(6.1).

i agree excellent sound and picture...some sub-thrashing scenes1.gif

avman.

----------------

On 11/6/2003 3:34:53 PM easylistener wrote:

6.1 is not 7.1. I want the true 7.1 descrete channels. I have mine set up the way you were saying, the 6 and 7 channel producing the same sounds. Better yet I am waiting for 11.1

----------------

there aren't ANY 7.1 sources.

7.1 is DERIVED from 5/6.1 material, or from stereo (like harman's 'logic 7'.

avman.

----------------

On 11/6/2003 4:48:16 PM damonrpayne wrote:

Of course, even 7.1 is getting to be quite a few speakers, even for the enthusiast crowd.

----------------

I tend to agree. It is often said that unless you have a large room, it is not worth going 7.1.

In my particular case, I through about using the 7.1, but found I got excellent results by just putting a single RC-7 back there for a 6.1 setup. My room was not big enough to make going 7.1 worth it. Also, it save a little bit of money in not needing an extra speaker back there, along with having to run wire to it, additional shelf/hardware to mount it, etc.

If you have the room and the money, then I say, go for it, but for most people, I'd be willing to bet it would be overkill, especially since there truly is nothing out there that has true 7.1 encoding. If I see stuff coming out that makes good use of true 7.1 encoding, than I may consider getting and wiring up that extra speaker, but until then, I am happy with 6.1.

The little Nemo movie was excellent even on my HDTV the images were stunning and the virtual aquarium was a nice touch also the sound track was good bass was nice when the sharks were chasing dory and marlin everything else superb if you want a rteal visual feast look at A Bugs Life the shadows in there are unreal when the grass hoppers go underground looking for food.11.gif

post-12108-138192499646_thumb.jpg

LMAO

out of all the movies in the world you guys could have turned into a 9/10/11.1 format issue. You picked little nemo :-)

Anyways..... :-)

I have been trying to figure out a great way to show off my entertainment system to my sister. She is almost 30. She is pregnant and has a 3 year old daughter (my niece :-)

I love them both very much and have been trying to find a way to show off to both of them little nemo seems like a great idea. It is hard to find great video/audio quality movies for a 3 year old.

I am only 21 so I find it very hard to think on a childs level. Last time i was down there I was watching simpsons and got introble cause bart said "damn". :-( I figured fox was safe. :-(

Basically, with this incredibly long post, what i was getting at is, is this a good movie to show off, with a 3 year old in the room? or is there another movie for youngins you would recommend?

Geeze guys, the movie was just released Tuesday and you have already seen it or own it. You are grown men to boot.

I am going out to buy it tonight but I have an excuse. I have a ten year old that will want to watch it. 9.gif

Actually, I think Antz is an even better kids movie, but I can't find it anywhere.

Finding Nemo... OK, I admit it, I am a Disney Fannatic.... And a Pixar relationship with them as well fan. They got it right in this film. It is, as always was true with GREAT Disney films... about "the story." This one has it on sooo many levels.

Albert Brooks as the DAD and Ellen DeGenerous..(however it is spelled or however your political/ social leanings go..) were fantastic in this story. I will not ruin it for those that have not seen it.

Incredible sound, incredible visuals, a 10++ as far as a Disney Movie IMO.

This is a incredible movie to show off your system.

----------------

On 11/5/2003 10:53:58 AM damonrpayne wrote:

One note, the bass was overdone I thought. I had to turn my sub way down to keep from shaking my house off the foundation.

----------------

You mean during the whale segment? Dude, it's supposed so shake your foundations!

6.gif

One question:

WHO WROTE THE LAW THAT SAYS, ANIMATION IS FOR KIDS ???

"I know it's for kids, but..."

"I got it to show to my niece..."

"Is it too much for my sister's unborn child?"

What's wrong with you people? Can't you just enjoy a movie without apologizing? If it's for anybody, 'Finding Nemo' is for parents. It was written by a parent to speak to parents about the pressures and emotions that all parents feel.

And quite beside its merit as a movie, the DVD is simply amazing!

(And if you want forewarning of another ADULT animated movie, check the previews on the second disk for 'The Incredibles'. 2.gif )