Mark III 20Hz to 20Khz !! Your ask for it

NOSValves

Kelly, Guy and Jazzman I am very proud that these look like this since I tuned this amp almost 100% by ear !! But hey take it with a grain of salt only been at it for 2 years HEH !!! (Edited I was off by a 1/2 a year)

20 Hz

20H.jpg

50Hz

50H.jpg

100Hz

200Hz.jpg

800Hz

800H.jpg

1.5Khz

1.5K.jpg

2Khz

2K.jpg

5Khz

5K.jpg

10K.jpg

15K.jpg

20K.jpg

You have your years wrong my enemy !! I rebuilt my first Scott 222C in November of 2001 !! so I guess I am off by a half a year ! I bought it right after I entered this forum look at the date I joined !! I bought it from a great thumbs up from Alan Songer ! I owned a scope within 2 months because Mark Deneen talked me into it ! I learned how to use all my equipment from Mark Also.

Craig

Ryan,

All setting were Identical to the HF-81 ! Like I said in the other thread I could careless about 1 watt so testing there isn't a concern to me. Were again talking about 3 to 4 watts of output.

These amps are nothing like a original Mark III by the way. Completely different power supply and front End. Really the only thing retained is the Iron and the chassis . The chassis will go next !

There strapped in triode and are dead flat 32 watts from 20Hz to 20Khz and then mildly fall off all the way to 35 Khz.

Craig

----------------

On 11/5/2003 9:03:46 PM Guy Landau wrote:

q

----------------

Interesting post, Guy.

Anyway, have you ever soldered anything? I'm pretty sure Mobile hasn't. The reason I mention Mobile is that it's you two guys who always harp on Craig for not having been repairing amps for decades. Oh, and spelling, can't forget spelling. Do you want me to start correcting *your* spelling mistakes on the forum, Guy? Or the most brilliant Mobile's spelling mistakes? I easily could.

Craig,

Much nicer that the Eico! Almost perfect. You did a great job on your rebuild. It shows that David Hafler's KISS theory has merit, The Dynaco's were a simple neat package, Eicos are a rat's nest on the bottom. But I bet if you put as much work into that Eico as the Dyna it would show a lot of this improvement. I bet that thing sounds sweet.

Ryans right, do a Scott so we all can see what's what. And do you have any Macs laying around?

Rick

I'll do a scott tomorrow night or later in the week. I have a 299A here and a 299C that is really a D in deguise ! I just did the EICO because it was on my bench !

I truly think to improve the HF81 it would take more work then is affordable ! Besides the people that like them really like them why change them ? I bet they all look similar to that on the scope. The scope doesn't tell the entire story.

Haflers Kiss method really has nothing to do with my amps ! Except for the Transformers nothing of Hafler is left in them ! The same can be said for 3 or 4 other sets of Mark III's being used by forum members. They all went pretty much the same route. Really Mark Deneen gave me all the pointers on these I just went at it !! In fact he sold me the amps.

Over thanksgiving I'll be running these tests on a pair of Pilot 6L6 amps and maybe even Dean new PP 300B's. If they let me we can post those also ! I think this stuff is cool and thought it was time for me to share some real solid Information not opinion here.

Craig

----------------

On 11/5/2003 10:32:47 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 11/5/2003 9:03:46 PM Guy Landau wrote:

q

----------------

Interesting post, Guy.

Anyway, have you ever soldered anything? I'm pretty sure Mobile hasn't. The reason I mention Mobile is that it's you two guys who always harp on Craig for not having been repairing amps for decades. Oh, and spelling, can't forget spelling. Do you want me to start correcting *your* spelling mistakes on the forum, Guy? Or the most brilliant Mobile's spelling mistakes? I easily could.

----------------

Paul,

I don't know if your being payed for being Craig attorny or not. I can see that your name sure suits you very well as being his spokesman, you seem to quote him repeatedly in some very fanatic manner.

As for my spelling mistakes: you should probably know that English is one off three languages that I speak. Others include Hebrew (my native) and French. How many languages do you speak Mr Parrot? How is your hebrew spelling?

As for my soldering skills, I guess that they are at least as good as yours, and how do my soldring skills can reflect to any knowledge in audio or why do I need any?