Mark III 20Hz to 20Khz !! Your ask for it

NOSValves

I did rewire a tonearm a few months ago. But that was only because I screwed up the wiring changing out a bearing.

Bennie Green is my favorite trombone player.

I am reading the new James Lee Burke novel (juat finished Joan Didion's "Where I Was From"---GREAT book!)

I like having sex.

----------------

On 11/6/2003 8:41:42 AM NOSValves wrote:

Hate to tell you guys this but if someone doesn't solder you won't be listening to tube amps in the long run !

----------------

I didn't say I can't solder if I HAVE to, it's just that there is NO JOY in it for me any longer . . .

But I am all for the flux . . .

I have no bones to pick with that statement mark, I understand very well the desire to understand more about this obsession of ours.

I, in fact, spend a lot of time reading about technology in the hopes of understanding these issues better.

In the end though I am still stuck with "my ears are the best judge"...not because my ears are "right" but because I have to accept them as my only true frame of

reference, and that I am unable yet to predict how anything will sound by looking at any specifications I have seen published about any components. even units that seem to "test poorly" can sound great, in the subjective sense, to me.

warm regards, tony

Mark or Craig,

Explain what the below means and how to change it. I now have scope & function gen. I want to test my newly rebuilt MK-IIs. Also how do you set bais for class "A" or more toward that using the scope? My amps are wired in triode with K-88s and Triode(Brand) driver board with AC balance.

Rigma

"Although these have been tuned for a pretty narrow band top end (very smooth rounded leading edge at 20KHz) I like my MKIIIs tuned much "hotter" at the top. I try to get the full-power band out to 30KHz which will be reflected by a steeper leading edge with just a tiny overshoot, no ringing.

It's always a compromise."

Rigma,

I owe someone a Scope lesson. Mark did it for me and its my turn. But for at least a week and a half I'm going to be just to darn busy ! If you want we can do it like Mark did with me. Send me some closeup photo's of your Scope and function generator. The photo's need to be clear enough so I can make out the controls. This way when were talking on the phone we are both looking at the same knobs and switches. You need 2 - 8 Ohm 50 Watt resistors the type that have a all alluminum body for heat transfer ! They will get hot ! In fact attaching them to some type of large finned heat sink is a good Idea !

I take you have BNC cables to RCA adaptors to hook the signal generator to the Amp if not Radio shack has the stuff for that.

Get all your ducks in a row and we will find time to walk you thru it !

Craig

Adjusting those responses are fairly easy through the feedback circuit. A scope and ears are required.