Guilty Pleasure Movies

Jabez Scratch

Intersesting.

The "test" may be which movies have you watched so much that it is embarasing to admit it. How many trips through the VCR. To put a number on it.

Number One is "The Crawling Eye." A classic.

Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Them, and It Came From Beneath the Sea, fit in the same genre. Note there are often the brainy gal and the professor to explain it all.

Standing alone is Forbidden Planet.

I'd add The Day the Earth Stood Still. To some extent, it is too serious in its undertones of the days to categorize. It is funny to see Aunt Bea at the breakfast table and Klatu educating the Einstein. It is none the less dark in the foreboding that the rest of universe will not tolerate irrational politics and rockets with nuclear weapons.

In a good sense, I've watched Days of Heaven for its cinematography. Music is good too. Please rent this one.

Body Heat is a favorite in that it has the wonderful smokey jazz of John Barry. He is best known for James Bond stuff. Here it is overlayed on an intricate murder plot. Rent this one too.

Gil

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bkrop,

You forgot Groove Tube!

Ray,

GREAT graphics. I'd love to have posters from those flicks.

Tom,

Debbie Does Dallas has one of my all-time favorite movie lines.

BTW, I have seen all of the "Star Wars" movies, on the big screen and at home, and I have fallen asleep watching EVERY one. They're SO relaxing...

fini

Man, you guys aren't doing so well, some decent movies are being put down. This is Spinal Tap was pretty good.

Even as a car freak, Fast and the Furious does NOT make the cut.

For me, I like all the Pixar stuff, and as a 18 year old, I keep that to myself, though people I associate with love all those movies too (including 20 year old college people that are NOT loosers, like people that go to parties and...) Monsters Inc. is one of the best movies ever.

----------------

On 11/12/2003 5:22:44 AM JCturboT wrote:

What's a
looser?

Jeff

----------------

You know dem films like "Any Which Way But Looser". Geeeeeeeez. I thought everybody knew about Flint Westwood movies. Anyway dats besides duh point.

Here's my short list:

Bunny Lake is Missing

Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers

Mutiny on the Bunny

Harvey

Donnie Darko

Night of the Lepus

Alice in Wonderland

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The Black Hole

Shishkabugs

I won't get started on all my Hop a Long Cassidy favorites.

----------------

On 11/12/2003 8:59:34 AM Tom Adams wrote:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Robot Monster.

Hey fini - what's the line from Debbie Does Dallas you like so much? Did it choke you up?? Oh....sorry, that woulda been Deep Throat.
11.gif

Tom

----------------

Tom,

Funny, you're not too far off! Let's say you've got the right "act." Improvising a line as his "partner," uh, let's see...delivers a gag...the guy sez "oooh, don't die, baby..."

Funnier in its original form, though.

fini

I am embarrassed to admit that I enjoy watching the trys-to-be-shocking The Sweet Thing, just to see Cameron Diaz and Selma Blair prancing around singing your penis is too big to fit in here, your penis is too big to fit in here, your penis is too big to fit in here!

I also tune in the dull Shallow Hal, just to see Gwyneth Paltrow do a deep bend before she removes her panties!

I confess to liking the old Squint Eastward spaghetti westerns and Dirty Harry series: Pale Rider; well, punk, do ya feel lucky? etc.

I confess to liking romantic-comedies, where men try to figure out women and women try to figure out men, before they both give up and just try to get along with each other while enjoying s-e-x.

3.gif

----------------

On 11/13/2003 2:36:52 PM Colin wrote:

I am embarrassed to admit that I enjoy watching the trys-to-be-shocking The Sweet Thing, just to see Cameron Diaz and Selma Blair prancing around singing your penis is too big to fit in here, your penis is too big to fit in here, your penis is too big to fit in here!

I also tune in the dull Shallow Hal, just to see Gwyneth Paltrow do a deep bend before she removes her panties!

----------------

Colin! Thank you man. I was beginning to belive I was the only perv on the board.10.gif

And as far as romantic comedies, yeah there are some I like too. Just watched on this weekend, ummm, what was it... Oh yeah, How to loose a guy in 10 days. That really was a good movie. And I have go give her credit, she knew exactly what to do to drive him insane... It was just as much a movie for girls as it was for guys becuause guys can so vividly relate to what he was going through. Great movie.

Well...

I liked Independance Day and loved Armagedon (which does have some great one liners in it).

No-one has mentioned the film that is supposed to be the worst film of all time (it won an award for it a few years back) namely, "Plan 9 from outer space".

And one I am amazed is not mentioned here: High Fidelity!!!

Watching John Cussack sorting out his vinyl collection on the floor is just priceless.....

Got to be special to people like us!!!

Hey, I really like High Fidelity! Not even ashamed to admit it. Just don't tell anyone that I liked "Humanoids From The Deep." I've been contemplating buying the DVD if I find it, but am afraid I remember it better than what it actually is. Lets just say its been a few years since I last saw it.

After watching a club band last night I thought of how much I like Eddie and the Cruisers, even the delayed sequel: though I am NOT ashamed to admit it, even bought the John Cafferty and the Beaver brown CD and saw them in concert. By the way, nothing like seeing a Scottish fiddle playing lawyer jump up on a table and flash his Batch Watch tartan kilt at the ladies during the finale of southern country rock: Sweet Home Alabama! Only in America.

;)