My neighbor claiming I'm too loud !!!!

batibot

I agree with m00n. I would tell them, the next time that they complain, "you guys can be pretty loud just walking around up there. Let's both try to keep it down a bit." You might also invite them down for a movie sometime. If it gets into a pis-ing match, nobody will win.

Does your neighbor have kids? What is their bedtime? How late is your "Movie Night"? I also live in an apartment situation. I know that the upstairs couple have a 2 year old and she goes to bed about 8pm. So I have a "Movie Day" instead which is usually on a Saturday or Sunday. I also pay particular attention to when they are and not home. Thats just the way it goes, Try looking at this situation from their perspective.

Call them on the phone and find out what their threshold for sound is. While you have him on the phone turn up the volume until he says it's too loud. Make sure you cover the phone receiver because you want him to hear it through the ceiling not the phone. Then you have an idea of how far you can push the volume. You can also tell him to call when even this level is bothering them if someone is trying to sleep. There has to be a happy medium. The problem you could then face is that the level he finds too loud might be barely audible for you in which case I would still try to work something out as long as they are reasonable but if they are Richards about it have your landlord or whatever come over to determine an acceptable level when it is not past the buildings quiet time. Some people are just too freaking sensitive and I'm sorry but when it interferes with my enjoyment then there is a problem. The building I'm in now has no one above or below and I only have one adjacent neighbor. They play loud music too so when I hear that I know it's a free for all. They have a little girl so I try to be tactful about it. I also know their work schedule, when the daughter goes to school and they let me know when they go on vacation. It's not a perfect world but it's not too bad. If all this doesnt work you could try the blood trick, preferably someone elses.9.gif

Yes living in an apartament can be irritating sometimes,as you share more or less your noise with them and they share their noise with you.

Open a bank account at Happy Trigger TM Texan bank and get a FREE shotgun.Then load up on ammo and let them taste some well deserved medicdine. 2.gif

Seriously try the civil aproach first,often it works.When it fails resort to my FREE one time offer 1.gif

Is moving to the country not an option? 2.gifI used to live in Dallas in a downstairs apt,I had to play by the rules somewhat.I now have the best of both worlds,I live just a little way out of a small IN town and could crank it full blast all night(which I do from time to time) with no complaints.

I have a couple of suggestions.

1) As CO1 suggested, try to determine what is too loud for your neigbour. Then if your receiver supports the "Night Mode", set your volume at your neihgbour's tolerable level and activate the "Night mode".

2) Use a good set of ear phones. Some receivers have features that simulate surround mode even with just 2 speakers or a headphone.

If you plan to live in that apartment for sometime, then you'll have to compromise.